• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

summer project

E
Dec 11, 2007
So... sadly this season is coming to an end. Now I have to dream up my summer project. I am a huge fan of Kawasaki, and sadly they don't manufacture a snowmobile (anymore...). Here is what I have in mind... I have come across a turn key zx-10 motor for a pretty good price. It’s amazing how impressive a stock liter class bike is... but you slap on a muzzy turbo and you get 500 horse power in a really compact and fairly light power plant. You toss an air shifter on top of that and you get amazingly fast shifting at the push of a button. I plan on dropping the cvt and using a chain or adapting a direct belt drive system. I'm not sure which chassis yet... I think it would be fun in the Polaris IQ race chassis... What do you guys think? Oh... and this is a mountain sled. I personally am really excited for this. :D :beer;

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
So... sadly this season is coming to an end. Now I have to dream up my summer project. I am a huge fan of Kawasaki, and sadly they don't manufacture a snowmobile (anymore...). Here is what I have in mind... I have come across a turn key zx-10 motor for a pretty good price. It’s amazing how impressive a stock liter class bike is... but you slap on a muzzy turbo and you get 500 horse power in a really compact and fairly light power plant. You toss an air shifter on top of that and you get amazingly fast shifting at the push of a button. I plan on dropping the cvt and using a chain or adapting a direct belt drive system. I'm not sure which chassis yet... I think it would be fun in the Polaris IQ race chassis... What do you guys think? Oh... and this is a mountain sled. I personally am really excited for this. :D :beer;

i hope you arent settin us up to get blue balled,you better do it man cus that would be amazing. I think their is a turbo busa sled on one of the mountain mod videos??

D
Mar 24, 2008
Idaho
holy mother of troy!

I like the sound of this. I think you should do it and we should get together and go riding some time. I would like to see how my zx14 motor in my m-series sled would compare to yours. :D:beer;

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
DOOOOO ITTTTT ! ! ! ! !

I like the air shifter idea, No CVT = less weight too. If 2Moto bikes can shift on snow, why not a sport bike motor with an air shifter! SWEEEEEET.

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
It might be difficult using a clutch in snow. On the positive side a transmission has less power loss than the CVT. Also there are electric shift kits available the will up shift automatically at a given rpm. The ZX-10 engine alone weights 150 lbs.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Mark capner has the turbo busa in a CPI built chromo chassis (I believe) It has an air shifter but after talking with him at fairview he said launching was tricky (in 3rd gear!) If it would hold together he says it would be better locked in top gear with a CVT drive belt setup to get rolling easier.

500 hp from a liter kawi turbo??? lots more than just abnormal asperation to get that number.

E
Dec 11, 2007
http://www.muzzys.com/ZX10/ZX10_Turbo/index.html
Muzzy stage 3 turbo kit has 500 horse power. I was thinking about using a zx-14 with stage 3... but its not avaliable to public. lol.

They also have a cluthless power shift kit.
http://www.muzzys.com/ZX10/ZX10ClutchlessShifter/index.html
"Features:
Smooth lightning fast upshifts without backing off the throttle or clutching
Interrupts fuel delivery instead of ignition for smoother transitions and less backfiring (common with analog systems)
Precision adjustment of both the pressure switch sensitivity and the delay and kill time of the Digi-Kill
Compact design
Easy installation "

Mark capner has the turbo busa in a CPI built chromo chassis (I believe) It has an air shifter but after talking with him at fairview he said launching was tricky (in 3rd gear!) If it would hold together he says it would be better locked in top gear with a CVT drive belt setup to get rolling easier.

500 hp from a liter kawi turbo??? lots more than just abnormal asperation to get that number.

zx10turbo500hp_Final.gif

Premium Features