• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3in track with SHR860

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I currently have my engine out and big john has it as we speak turning it into a 860bb. I currently have a 16x163x2.25 track that has some wear on it and I am looking to upgrade. I am really interested in going to 3in. Questions are will I have enough power to justify this. Will 3.0 pitch 7 tooth drivers give my enough clearance or is a drop and role required.
If drivers and track are all that is needed will the $1400 that setup will cost me be that much better then say a 2.5 challenger extreme that I can get up and going for about half that. Anyone with pictures, or experience help me out here.... or anyone that knows were to get a good deal besides tracks usa.... thanks

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
Yup. 7T is all you need to put that track in an XP. Have done several this year and is one of the best bang for your buck mod you can do. Have done a few stockers with great results. The 860 will have no problem spinning that track. Some have stated that running the 3" against their buddies with 2.25's and 2.5's is almost like cheating. You will be very happy. Drop John a line and he can get you a price on a track and drivers to go with that motor work.

Thanks.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Alright I am convinced that is what I need and what I am going to do. Now my question is I need a 162x16x3 so there are two options that I have seen the Challenger Extreme 3" that has full 16 in paddles with teeth, and the challenger x3 with straight paddles that look like they stop at 15 inches. The X3 seems to be more common and the only one that I can seem to find in that size for sale. Is this my only option, to me I would think the 16in wide paddle would be better why did they change it. I also feel the teeth on the end of the paddle would help when you do run down the trail or on hard pack. I always try to avoid trails and beaten snow but you have no choice some times..

Maybe the X3 takes less power and allows more tunnel clearance? Side hill easier?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Consider a 15 wide 3". You get almost all the gain (same paddle width) while making the sled more agile than the stock 16 wide. Lighter weight too. :beer;

B
Nov 26, 2007
These guys have a good price for all tracks. But BJ could probably do just as good for you on a price.

http://www.snowcitymi.com/catalog/

Picked up my 156x16x3 and I run it on a stock 800 xm and it spins it just fine. The BB from SHR with this track will get you to places you never thought imaginable with ease. Like said before, give BJ a call and he can hook you up with a full package deal of motor and track setup.

Premium Features