• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Intake Options

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Anyone get a real good look at the air intake on the M1100t? Could a guy take out all of the stock air intake and just run a short rubber mount of the compressor with a k&n filter or something of that sort? Probably save allot of weight and see better performance.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Probally pretty easy to do. But hard to make look slick. The stock intake could be used if a mesh hood would be built. As it looks like the ducting on the turbo comes up to a filter that the hood sits over. Could just put a snow prefilter in this place if you had an all mesh hood.

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
air intake

The turbos have a filter in the intake tube, looks like a tractor pre filter, yeah there's restrictions

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The stock intake is not restrictive to the stock turbo.

Thanks for pointing this out glenn! I personally can see the huge weight lose associated with a mesh hood and getting rid of the airbox but I think that the new air intake location up on the dash is pretty sweet. And I think that the sled looks pretty sweet. So I dont want to change anything. If I wanted a lighter sled I would just be keeping mine and modding the crap out of it.

Premium Features