• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil tank leaking anyone??

Sep 28, 2009
Hey guys, i know there is a pretty big problem with the skidoo sleds and oil leaking out of the reservoir from the cap. I make an insert that goes in the neck and keeps it round. Stops the leak!! Works very well, machined out of 6061T6 aluminum with a yellow irridite coating. Anyone interested let me know or go to this ebay link to purchase!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT

Thanks,
Dan

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Bought one last season, stock filler was way out of round and now no leaks and the cap threads on easy.
Money well spent with the cost of oil.

Sep 28, 2009
So the XP's have the same oil tank problem as the Rev Chassis did?

From what i am told its as bad or worse than the rev. i know few guys who have had their tanks replaced under warranty but its the same tank. I have three ski doo dealers as of now who are buying these from me to put them in all the sleds they sell and service to avoid replacing tanks.

Y
Nov 11, 2008
Calgary
From what i am told its as bad or worse than the rev. i know few guys who have had their tanks replaced under warranty but its the same tank. I have three ski doo dealers as of now who are buying these from me to put them in all the sleds they sell and service to avoid replacing tanks.

I had my tank warrantied and the replacement tank had full threads around the fill neck versus two flat spots in the threads on the old one. If you don't over tighten the cap you wont distort the threads. If they already are, the inserts are a easy fix.

Premium Features