• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

~~The Official Phazer Thread~~

L
Dec 27, 2007
Oregon
Power and Ride?

I just got rid of my 08' Polaris 600 RMK. I am wanting to get another sled, and didn't want to spend a lot. So, I thought of the Phazer. I don't ride alot, and I want to be able to get off the trail and play in the snow, but want to make sure there is enough power to do that. I have not riden one, but the sales on them are so great right now, I don't want to pass them up. Could anyone give me feedback and if it is a good mountain/powder sled, if is has very much power, and what you can do to increase the power if I want to. Any problems you have found other than needing a skid plate. YOur input would be greatly appreciated.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I just got rid of my 08' Polaris 600 RMK. I am wanting to get another sled, and didn't want to spend a lot. So, I thought of the Phazer. I don't ride alot, and I want to be able to get off the trail and play in the snow, but want to make sure there is enough power to do that. I have not riden one, but the sales on them are so great right now, I don't want to pass them up. Could anyone give me feedback and if it is a good mountain/powder sled, if is has very much power, and what you can do to increase the power if I want to. Any problems you have found other than needing a skid plate. YOur input would be greatly appreciated.

find your self a used nytro with a different track on it and bar riser. thats my input.

vwsprite

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2008
mazama, wa
has anyone addressed the handling issue on these sleds? adj. upper hiem joint?
all my friends say theyr'e tippy

B
Mar 13, 2009
Libby Montana
Just picked up an 07 Phazer w/ an MPI supercharger. Can a guy run 110 AV fuel or does it have to be the 110 race fuel? I'm new to the high compression game. Any advice would be appreciated. I live right next to a small airport so AV would be easy to get.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
just a guess but there are turbo phazers running 10lbs of boost with no head shim and there running straight avgas with no problems. If you do decide to run the fuel dont mix it, run it straight its cheap insurance. The phazer motor has high compression, add a turbo or blower with out a head shim and it needs the higher octane fuel.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
My first official action is to make this a sticky!

Really though, I think it would be beneficial to new members to have a sticky thread for the Phazer, RX-1, and the Apex.

Let me know what you guys think. good or bad?

F
Jan 7, 2005
Greenville, NC
has anyone addressed the handling issue on these sleds? adj. upper hiem joint?
all my friends say theyr'e tippy

The skis are adjustable for width, I think the "tippy-ness" is something you will just get used to. It was my favorite characteristic of its handling.
Hard pack trails and high speed corners were not something I'd highly recommend without lots of practice and body english.

When I move back to Snow country I'll probably buy another Phazer... if I'm not too tempted by a t-nytro

I went alot of places on mine that I should have never been, but it really did not let me down. dollar for dollar its a great value

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
Thanks for the sticky!!

I tried to cure the "tippyness" by cranking up the front shocks to the hardest setting. Helped some. Really needs better boards. Maybe I'll do that this season.

Anyone know where to get heavier rear springs for the Phazer???

D
Nov 30, 2007
Yes if you adjust the skis out it helps a lot, as well as tightening up the shocks. Does anyone have any pics or something on how they sealed up the airbox better?? My wifes Phazer didnt do so good in deep powder, kept sucking in snow dust.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
Thanks for the sticky!!

I tried to cure the "tippyness" by cranking up the front shocks to the hardest setting. Helped some. Really needs better boards. Maybe I'll do that this season.

Anyone know where to get heavier rear springs for the Phazer???

I just bought 2500 NM springs from south seattle sports plaza for about 70$ a peice(Yamaha parts for 30% off) . I am putting them on my wifes T phazer. I have not rode it yet but it sure feels a lot stiffer just sitting in the garage.

B

bullfrog123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2008
Ashton, Idaho
My first official action is to make this a sticky!

Really though, I think it would be beneficial to new members to have a sticky thread for the Phazer, RX-1, and the Apex.

Let me know what you guys think. good or bad?

Great idea for the sticky!!!! Nice to find this thread at the top instead of searching 3-4 pgs. Thanks:beer;:beer;

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
2009 Phazer MTX
153" x 14 5/8" - 2.25 Camo Track
144-153" OFT Racing Rail x-stensions
8" OFT Racing billet wheels
Nytro 3.0 pitch drivers
17/46 gearing

Visit build thread HERE>>>