• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First mt trip on m1100t

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
On myway home from 6 days of ridding in revy the last three days were some of the best snow I have ever seen sled is stock with a turbo outlet exhaust and mds weights sled seemed to pull way more track speed earlier in the week but still seemed ok I did notice the short hose just on top of the primary clutch was unhooked so I pluged it Into the bottom one is that right? Also I blew one belt on the second last day and two on the last day which is pretty ****ty on a 16000$ sled these belts are 240 a piece out here. I met a guy on the hill and he said I was blowing belts coz of the mds profile so next trip inthink I will be using stock weights.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
I've never heard anybody say they blew a belt because of the MDS weights. A lot of people blowing belts are going to mds weights to help with belt temps and such. I would check your alignment/deflection first. I have a 12' 1100t with the BC 275 kit and have not blown one belt since day one and have had mds weights since day one and have close to 1000 miles on it. Just my two cents.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
On myway home from 6 days of ridding in revy the last three days were some of the best snow I have ever seen sled is stock with a turbo outlet exhaust and mds weights sled seemed to pull way more track speed earlier in the week but still seemed ok I did notice the short hose just on top of the primary clutch was unhooked so I pluged it Into the bottom one is that right? Also I blew one belt on the second last day and two on the last day which is pretty ****ty on a 16000$ sled these belts are 240 a piece out here. I met a guy on the hill and he said I was blowing belts coz of the mds profile so next trip inthink I will be using stock weights.

Did the belts explode or rip in half? Just had my primary shimmed for longer belt and the guy that did it had to clearance the moveable sheave bushing in the spider. At hot temps the clearance would shrink to almost danger zone. This would shred a belt where as the ripping in half could be the belt bottoming in the secondary on the helix. Seems these new primaries are not as bulky as what the z1 turbos had. The diameter has decreased on the main shaft. Damn Beeeaaaannn Coouunnters!

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
All three belt did the same thing they peeled on the outside and started roping the top cogs off I caught them before exploding I pretty much notice a wicked vibration every time

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
brv5_zps6202c241.png

brv4_zpsb6e2f6b3.jpg

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Make sure that belt is not ballooning on decel. and hitting the POS belt guard above. Seems the 13s have an extra tab where the two covers are coming together. There are some rivets hanging down and catching the belt when it balloons up. I have a 12 and noticed a notch outta my belt but I don't have that little bracket so I'm not sure what it hit. FWIW.

All three belt did the same thing they peeled on the outside and started roping the top cogs off I caught them before exploding I pretty much notice a wicked vibration every time

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
I noticed this same thing on my old M1000 the belt would arc as I call it and hit the belt guard taking chunks of the foam out then not long after the belt would shred. Lost two belts this way so I got rid of the foam and belt holder strap haven't had a problem since!

R
Nov 22, 2012
belts and weights

ok here is my two cents myself and couple of buddys run the same set up i have a boondocker 1.9, evo brv, evo cold air intake, roll over valve, and a pipe. People say on here u dont need the extra weights. Well i will tell u from blowen belts that u do i went with magaforce adjustable weights. Running 91 grams {85 stock} and i cant believe the difference. its like a whole new machine pulls real hard so hard that the button i have on my handle bars i have not even touched it since this set up. But who knows people have said on here that the 1.9 dont work with a crap also. But mine does and i have proved it with other machines this is my thoughts there is people that well not agree but i am happy with mine good luck !!!!!!!!!

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
Robo what elevation are you riding at? Are you running the stock helix? I have a set of the magna weights sitting in a box cause I was told not to run them as well.

R
Nov 22, 2012
weights

i ride in revelstoke, valmont,sicamous, stock helix there was a spring i got with those weights as well but have not put it in yet and not sure i will pulls good with this set up. why were you told not to run the magaforce ?

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure it's pulling cords first then peeling the top off just bought a new belt 262 bucks I blew three in three days not very happy the dealer that I bought the belt from said there is a fix for my exact problem it's from cat and its only 35$ but he is still testing it and he wasn't 100% sure it will work but for that price it's crazy not to try. My clutches would get so hot that if I put snow on it would sizzle like bacon in a frying pan

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I'm pretty sure it's pulling cords first then peeling the top off just bought a new belt 262 bucks I blew three in three days not very happy the dealer that I bought the belt from said there is a fix for my exact problem it's from cat and its only 35$ but he is still testing it and he wasn't 100% sure it will work but for that price it's crazy not to try. My clutches would get so hot that if I put snow on it would sizzle like bacon in a frying pan

Mmmmmmm. A fix from Cat to assist in the belt issue and he is testing it??
Generally a FIX from Cat would be no cost- as the recent rail tips fix( that are backordered):face-icon-small-dis
Sounds like the dealer might be testing HIS fix and will try to market it

S/C

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
The past 2 days ive blown belts on my trip. After looking the sled over while riding the snow likes to build up where the hood meets the side panel. Sits there until it starts to melt and start dripping down from one of the scews on the hood right above the primary. I could take the side panel off and see it dripping right down past the clutch guard right onto the primary. Taped it up today and didnt have any problems. Clutches and belt were not even as hot as the past 2 days. Just my findings these past couple days so when I get back home I will be figuring out a way to seal the hood to side panel. The way it is now sure isnt working without tape. Belts looked real similar to the ones you posted

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
The past 2 days ive blown belts on my trip. After looking the sled over while riding the snow likes to build up where the hood meets the side panel. Sits there until it starts to melt and start dripping down from one of the scews on the hood right above the primary. I could take the side panel off and see it dripping right down past the clutch guard right onto the primary. Taped it up today and didnt have any problems. Clutches and belt were not even as hot as the past 2 days. Just my findings these past couple days so when I get back home I will be figuring out a way to seal the hood to side panel. The way it is now sure isnt working without tape. Belts looked real similar to the ones you posted

i agree, snow is getting to a lot of peoples clutches, i taped mine up a well and have not had any problems, but it is still a good idea to get the heat out, which i am doing as well. time will tell...

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Made it another day without blowing a belt with the taped up side panel. Snow was over the hood and no problems. Its just a bad spot for snow to sit and melt in between the 2 panels with all the heat coming out, the race plastics would be nice to retrofit onto this chassis because the hood, side panel, and console are all one piece. Would just need to modify there front airbox to fit an intercooler inside instead.

N
Oct 30, 2009
Made it another day without blowing a belt with the taped up side panel. Snow was over the hood and no problems. Its just a bad spot for snow to sit and melt in between the 2 panels with all the heat coming out, the race plastics would be nice to retrofit onto this chassis because the hood, side panel, and console are all one piece. Would just need to modify there front airbox to fit an intercooler inside instead.
hi reaper got any pics where you put the tape...tks

Premium Features