• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 m1100t not pulling rpm

Sep 23, 2012
Maine
Any one ever have a problem with pulling consistant rpm? when you first wack the throttle it will pull around 7500 and it will creep up to 8000. almost feels like it is loosing boost. the longer i hold it the more it feels like it runs out of boost. tried one of my customers 2013 xf1100t HC today and it is crazy how much stronger it is than mine. pulls 8000rpm every time you get on it. any input would be appreciated before i dig into it. thanks

JBIZ

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2008
Saskatchewan, Canada
Check your hoses, large one from intercooler to throttle body the intake elbow to the turbo. Turbo to intercooler. Make sure none of them have come loose.

Sep 23, 2012
Maine
thanks will do. i also want to add that my bov is not as loud and "sensitive" as the one i rode. thinking it could be the bov itself. sled is also completely stock btw.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
thanks will do. i also want to add that my bov is not as loud and "sensitive" as the one i rode. thinking it could be the bov itself. sled is also completely stock btw.

Was the one you rode stock, if there was a EVO bov on it, it will act differently.

Check all your hose routing and make sure you have good connections.

Sep 23, 2012
Maine
yes they are both stock... the one i rode was a high country and mine is an m with a lower gear ratio and it should be more snappy. i am thawing it out in the garage right now. i will look around at all my connections. thanks again and i will let you guys know what i find

Premium Features