• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My summer build: custom turbo kit-Apex

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
can you explain the waaay smoother part? curious... thanks
The profile on the heel of the weight is much different than ST, which makes engagement and up/down shift more smooth. There really is a huge difference. The adjustability is much nicer too with the set screws that screw in too the heel.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Well this sled is a ripper! I am sure TurboMatt will chime in with more details. He built one hell of a sled, and had the thing dialed in in about 3 minutes!

Last edited:
T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Here are some more pics to show how everything mounted up fit & finish wise. I'm pretty happy with how it came together. Looks pretty clean to me. Still a little tuning to go, but overall I'm happy so far. I'm excited to get it in some deep & steep.

gt28rs turbo
impulse header
custom intercooler
custom piping
tunnel dump exhaust
rev gas tank
Boss rev seat
Attitude fuel controller

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
what kinda rear skid do you got on it?? seems to just bottom the thing out when taking off. thats gonna be kinda a pain in the deep snow.. lots of show, not a lot of go. Just curious as I feel like my sled makes good power, but does nothing of the sorts to the suspension.

the sled looks VERY clean, and seems like she runs pretty dang wild.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
The skid in there is an '07 m-series skid. Yeah, it bottoms it out pretty good. I'm gonna have to make some adjustments to that as when it gets in the steep and deep it's gonna bring the skis up pretty good.
Just to give a comparison: That same skid without the turbo allowed basically zero ski lift. It worked really well- even in the steep. Now, it just bottoms out like there is nothing there. So i'd say it's making some pretty good power.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
sounds like it.. I was just curious. I know a skid designed to transfer properly with 150hp motor is a lot different then 250. they do funny things with lots of power added dont they.

Premium Features