• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

project sled almost complete

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
the only problem is your feet will slide off the sides ,your footwells are all the same height,your outer rail should have been higher to stop them from sliding of, thats the problem I have with mine

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
the only problem is your feet will slide off the sides ,your footwells are all the same height,your outer rail should have been higher to stop them from sliding of, thats the problem I have with mine

Good thinking, never thought of that. might have to incorperate something different into the next one

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Haha. Sounds good let's do it. I'm really getting into the 900 now that I have a bunch of money into it. I've spent 2 times as much on the 900 this year than this sled, including buying it. I'm an addict

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Here is the completed thing. The only thing left is to clean up the bars(RSI dash swithches on order) and new bars. RSI mountain bar. I get a kick out of the wheel kit. It is way to BIG for its own good. Should work awesome in reverse though;)
sledecomplete001.jpg

sledecomplete002.jpg

sledecomplete003.jpg

sledecomplete004.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
josh, i think you need some bigger rims... arent those bigger then the ones on your truck?!

lets see what it looks like with some snow on it!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Well after a good seasons worth or riding on this sled, I think Josh will admit that it worked out better than planned. I was quite surprised too! The tunnel took quite a bit of abuse, wheelin over backwards, jumping, rolling, trees, rocks, a little of everything, this thing held up really good! As for the design, with the big footboard openings, I never had a problem with my foot falling thru. If you got way to the back where there were no studs for traction you would find yourself slipping off, but thats an easy fix! All in all, Josh made this sled the lightest sled I have ever ridden period. I am a polaris guy thru and thru, and never did like the Revs. But after riding this thing just a few times this year, I am sold, and my next years back up sled might just be an 06ish Rev with a tube tunnel. Josh's Rev was pretty much bone stock other than an aftermarket head, oil injection delete, and some good clutching, and will put a hurtin on most ANY sled out there! This sled was an absolute blast to ride! As for next year, it should be even more fun to ride with a boosted Nytro motor in it!!! Oops, did I spill the beans? lol

Premium Features