• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'03 SKS 800 only rev'ing to 7K

P
Nov 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
'03 SKS 800 not revving past 7K on the Dream-o-meter. Issues addressed:

Primary clutch gone through, 10-64's, Almond spring (stock Black/Green also), bushings, weights, pins, etc. are new
Secondary clutch: R-11 Helix, Blue Spring in #3 hole. Clutches are aligned
New Belt

VES valves cleaned

Carbs rebuilt with 450 main jets

Updated CDI box (Tried a different cdi box-no luck)

Anybody have any idea's why I can't get motor to spin past 7K?

T
Feb 9, 2010
Saskatchewan
I just had a problem like this on an 04 RMK 800. Turned out one of the exhaust valve bellows was torn right around the vlave shaft. Put a new bellow in and away she went. I was also thinking clutching but it was that simple. $20.00 fix! Pull the cover off your EV and look at the bellows. If the back side has any oil on it, that will be your problem.

abm2958

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2008
Northwest Lower Michigan
I just had a problem like this on an 04 RMK 800. Turned out one of the exhaust valve bellows was torn right around the vlave shaft. Put a new bellow in and away she went. I was also thinking clutching but it was that simple. $20.00 fix! Pull the cover off your EV and look at the bellows. If the back side has any oil on it, that will be your problem.

I agree, any holes and it will need to be replaced. Also don't forget the loctite on the threads of the exhaust valve, tried that once and it came undone.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
same

im having a similar issue, thinking i have the wrong ex valve spring causing the low revs being theres no change when jets are changed. just replaced a bad bellows and the other two were fine but i do have the pink springs in so ill try that yellow spring next

Premium Features