Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: IQ 2005-Current, all models in the IQ and IQ Raw chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2018, 06:47 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
mormud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2009 assault losing power around 7000 rpm

so back to working on my assault... many issues. right now i cant figure out why it will run great for about 2 to 3 miles then it will bog out the only get around 7000 rpm, below that it runs good. today when it was doing it i checked the stator wires, all were good except the white to white red and green to white green they were reading .22 ohms, after it cooled for an hour or so they were at 190 ohm. i changed stator with one i had. went for ride and same thing. and the ohm readings were .22 again. voltage regulator checked out ok. not sure on how to test the capacitor. i connected multimeter to wires and ohms went up very slow to about 20 then goes infinate. appreciate any help

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-10-2018, 07:12 PM
Basic Member

just read the increasing your IQ. charged the capacitor and it does drain pretty fast, less than 4 seconds. will check for a new one on Monday

Old 03-11-2018, 02:36 PM
Currently: Go MN Wild!
XCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond repute

I had a sled that ran awesome for 2-3 miles then fell on its face. I chased the problem all over even doing a complete rebuild, stator, cdi, volt reg, u name it. Wasn't until for some reason I decided to try a different can that the problem was solved. Turns out something in the old can would heat up and partially block flow. Just a thought

Old 03-11-2018, 07:41 PM
Basic Member

ya, i had a buddy with an axys that happened to. i put stock can back on and same thing.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Basic Member

Bought new capacitor today, and did same test on it before installing it, same results. Charge for 10 seconds test shows 9 volts and loses volts fast. Will take for ride tomorrow

Old 03-12-2018, 12:03 PM
XCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond repute

Comp test and good look at the reeds. What do plugs look like when itís running good vs running shaty? Do u have a fuel controller on it? Maybe try without.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Basic Member

Comp. 128 both sides. Plugs light brown . Reeds looked good. Fuel controller was toast making it surge in and out around 6000 rpm, took it off, thought that fixed it but still won't run over 7200 after about 2 hard pulls

Old 03-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Basic Member

made a couple runs with new capacitor... same results . i hooked up fuel pressure guage so i could ride with it and 60 p.s.i. even when motor bogs out. i plugged the exhaust valve vents and it cleared up. still has a little stumble around 6000 r.p.m. might still put a new pcv on it. THANKS for the inputs and if i dont reply again then my ride this Saturday went good. anyone have any ideas on why i still get only .22 on ohm reading on coils when hot?

Old 03-14-2018, 03:58 PM

I highly suggest not leaving the valve hoses plugged. It will make your already lean midrange distrucably lean. It can work if u play with different valve springs and dial in your fuel controller.

Itís sounding like your solenoid is not working properly leaving the valves shut or randomly working. Maybe try a diff one.

These sleds can be a pain trying to overcome the mid spot hesitation. A lot of it has to do with switching from upper injectors to lower ones (or vise versa donít remember) while at the same time having the valves open while also being lean at that spot. Alls a guy can do is use a fuel controller to minimize the stumble to a tolerable level.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Basic Member
Old 03-14-2018, 05:31 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-18-2018, 05:59 PM
Basic Member
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register