• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Etec turbo kits. What worked this season?

109RMSHA

Nov 9, 2011
Get a kit from the guys who make the turbo. Areo all the way they have all the connections for the best kit

G
Dec 11, 2007
I put 2400 miles on my aero kit this winter. They r great to work with and make a great kit. Once u get the reeds figured out you will love it.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
If i were you i would go with TSS with out a doubt. They live in BC so if you need anything parts are a day away on the greyhound no border crossing customs BS. They ride Revelstoke and Sicamous regularly and im sure you do at times being from Edmonton so meeting up with them i doubt would be a issue and helping with your set up wont be a shot in the dark. The fuel box supplier NM is in Ponoka one hr from ya so if you ever had a issue with the box it could be resolved very quick. These are things besides the fact there kit works very well with the water to air intercooler and imo will out run the other kits. They ride what they sell and them guys kick azz.

S

Stewd

Nov 15, 2009
Calgary Ab
I rode The TSS ETEC kit and it worked flawlessly, pulled really well for a 2 stroke. I have been running there water-air intercooler with NM boost-it on my 1200. After TSS tuned and set up my sled, it ran flawlessly. I wrestled with the RB3 controlling the fuel and the intercooler from powderlites, with not much success. The TSS boys cleaned up the performance on my sled and it now pulls harder and runs stronger than any other sled I've owned or ridden. they provide great service and know how to tune the sleds to make them work. I'll recommend them any day.

U
Get a garrett. Bottom line is if you have a problem and suck a piston through the turbo there are thousands of Garrett distributers that can get you a new center section overnight.

Also boost-it boxes offer way more fuel control than the current dobec box that aero is using.

ghostrider73

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2010
TSS

I have been around several turbo e tecs this winter by far the best runners are tss kits from what I have seen. But do not touch the kit without the water to air intercooler every one I have seen without the intercooler is blowing motors like crazy with the intercoolers they are holding together great don't let anyone talk you out of the intercooler it is essential

A

Aerocharger_Brad

Jun 28, 2010
www.aerocharger.com
I have been around several turbo e tecs this winter by far the best runners are tss kits from what I have seen. But do not touch the kit without the water to air intercooler every one I have seen without the intercooler is blowing motors like crazy with the intercoolers they are holding together great don't let anyone talk you out of the intercooler it is essential

We have 250+ kits in the market and some with over 4k miles on them. We have seen very few (3-5) engine issues. Of these issues most installed the kit after having 2k miles. We have not seen any sign of charge temps being an issue. Ski-Doo has done hundreds of hours of Dyno testing including a 30 hour test at WOT with our systems. Keep in mind one must look at the entire package and application before understand whether an intercooler in needed. We offer Air/Air and are also testing Air/Water and our new patent pending Air / Snow intercooler. Also one must consider open loop or closed loop for the air/Water.

D
Apr 26, 2008
Tss

I have to say tss has the best costumer service in the industry and they also took my pl turbo 1200 that barely ran for two years and made it in to a sled that is unstoppable!!! I would never consider another shop to do my builds

T
Aug 8, 2011
I run my own kits for personal reasons but of all the etec systems I have seen and heard, TSS has it down better than anyone else. They dont pop, fart, blubber or do anything wrong. They are just super super crisp and make extremely respectable power.

Having experience with turbo Doo's, I would say that this is directly related too their water/air intercooler building charge temp consistancy and the Boost It fuel controller...they are just the best on the market currently.

As far as a patent pending snow/air cooler, Im not sure how that is patentable as it was openly talked about on this forum a few years back...if I remember correctly the conversation talked about building a cooler too route the air through where the current front heat exchanger mounts. Im not sure what ever came of the testing on that idea.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I have to leave names out of this. My buddy(a dealer) ran an Aerocharger kit this year. Was checking them out to see if they wanted to sell them. He had CONTINUOUS problems with reeds. Aerocharger never sent him reeds that would last more than 300 miles. The sled didn't run clean on the bottom. I would love to run an ETEC turbo system but until I personally see one run as clean as stock I won't be buying one. If a dealer can't get it to run right what chance do I have. BTW, these guys are great, best customer service I can find.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Call Felkers their Aerocharger set-ups run hard...

I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I have to leave names out of this. My buddy(a dealer) ran an Aerocharger kit this year. Was checking them out to see if they wanted to sell them. He had CONTINUOUS problems with reeds. Aerocharger never sent him reeds that would last more than 300 miles. The sled didn't run clean on the bottom. I would love to run an ETEC turbo system but until I personally see one run as clean as stock I won't be buying one. If a dealer can't get it to run right what chance do I have. BTW, these guys are great, best customer service I can find.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Do they run clean right off idle? No pops, burbles or stumbles? How long do the reeds last? Any burn down? Do they have clutching that comes with?

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i saw one run this year, starting and bottom end was terrible, once on boost it ran really strong, not sure of the mileage or sleds reed condition,,, but the owner a well known snowmobiler in the world of sledding loved everything about the kit but the bottom end and starting issues, he knows sleds and i would assume he has it figured out as far as reeds go, seemed like fueling is the issue...
it was not an aero kit!!!

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Rode a boondocker and it was gross on the bottom end. Heard reeds were an issue as well. Ran like a raped ape on the top end though.

Heard nothing but good about the TSS kit with the boost-it box. No question that is the route I would go if I were building one.

Premium Features