• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Huge Shout-Out to SnowRide Adventures

JAW

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2009
Kettle Falls, Steamboat Springs, CO
Alright guys,

I have been a SW lurker for the past 6 years under my Dad's (EricW) account but after last weeks trip to Whistler I decided it was time to start my own. I recently graduated from College in Montana and moved out to Colorado to work as a snowmobile guide with SST (steamboat snowmobile tours.) I have been here since mid December and love the work as well as the town but unfortunately like most places we have been lacking snow. My boss was nice enough to let myself and two others take a week off work to go chase the steep and deep. Our first stop was in my home town of Kettle Falls where we spent the night wrenching on sleds and getting everything dialed in for the rest of the trip. The next morning we rode up Goose creek out of Castlegar and had a great ride! They have a great base up their right now and any new snow is going to make for some killer riding. That night we checked the snow reports and read the forums coming to the conclusion that Whistler would be our best bet. After a quick call to Mt. Horse we were all set up with a guide and lodging (thanks again Eric!)

We pulled into Alpine Lodge late Sunday night where the owner Jeff did a great job of taking care of us. $40 a night per person and a place to park a full size truck with a deck and two place at no extra charge. It is also conveniently located next to a great little coffee shop with smokin hot Aussie girls and breakfast bagels that will keep you going for the whole day. The next morning we met up with our guide, Jorli Ricker, who is the owner/operator of SnowRide Adventures. I cannot say enough good about Jorli and his operation. I rode three days with Jorli and I can say that I definitely left a better rider in many aspects. During our stay in Whistler the Avy danger was very high and Jorli made it a point to stay out of Avy terrain as well as point out potential terrain traps, run outs and wind loaded slopes from a distance. We also did Beacon checks every morning before leaving the truck and talked about different rescue scenario's. I have been riding BC for six years and am pretty confident in my riding ability, however, Jorli found ways to push me to the next level. He showed me how to find terrain features that I would have never picked out that proved to be a lot of fun. He took me down some super fun descent lines and really boosted my confidence in the air. I also had the privilege to have some great dinner conversations with Jorli at the end of the day. It was refreshing to have an insightful conversation on the aspects of life with a fellow sledder. I had the time of my life while in Whistler and would recommend SnowRide Adventures to any of you guys who are looking for an unforgettable backcountry snowmobile experience!

Check out their website at: http://snowrideadventures.com/

I was too busy riding but I was able to snap a few pics
WhistlerSledPics039.jpg

WhistlerSledPics032.jpg

WhistlerSledPics018.jpg

WhistlerSledPics023-1.jpg

WhistlerSledPics050.jpg

WhistlerSledPics049.jpg

WhistlerSledPics051.jpg

WhistlerSledPics053.jpg

Thanks again to all that helped make this trip:

Jorli Ricker
Mt. Horse
EricW
Steve Fogel
Jason Cobb
Jeff @ Alpine Lodge
Matt and Mike
Hairy Mark
and the hot Aussie Chicks at EARLS!

H

highside99

Sep 10, 2009
Like JAW, I fully recommend Jorli Ricker and SnowRide Adventures for anyone looking to ride Whistler/Pemberton. He picked the perfect areas and type of riding each day for the weather and snow conditions and there is no way we would have had that good of a time on our own, let alone as safely as we did with Jorli.

Riding with SnowRide Adventures was the first of it's kind for me so I don't have much experience with other guides/companies, but it seems that Jorli is doing it right. It was cool to feel like we we're riding WITH him, not just following and seeing if we could keep up. Don't get me wrong though, Jorli definitely motivated us to push our comfort zone and ride stuff we never have.

Plus, at the end of the days riding he showed us some great spots for dinner and drinks.

Thanks again Jorli and SnowRide Adventures, it was a trip to remember

-Matt S.

P1000944.jpg IMG_0990.jpg IMG_1022.jpg IMG_1023.jpg

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Thanks guys, I really enjoyed riding with you guys as well. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the experience and hopefully you got a good taste of what sledding in Whistler is all about. Great pics BTW!

For anyone that might be interested, there has been some pretty significant structural changes to SnowRide, first, pricing is way down on guiding as well as hospitality. Our Pemberton Lodge B&B is offering accommodations and breakfast for $65/person for double occupancies. Secondly, we've re-structured the guiding to give more personalized attention to guests. The website has been updated to reflect these changes and the Reservation page should be up shortly. http://snowrideadventures.com/

I couldn't be more happy with the terrain we have in our tenure, there is a tremendous amount of riding area and a great diversity in riding terrain.

I appreciate the complimentary review, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it so much!

Cheers!-J

Last edited:
R

RidewithChrisBrown

Nov 17, 2011
www.ridewithchrisbrown.com
It's good to see you took your AST1 Jorli and that you're passing on what you learned to your clients. Nice work! We can help educate people on avalanche safety/awareness and hopefully they can pass it on to their riding buddies. In the end it's all about having fun while being safe and coming home every night.

Sweet pics...looked like fun.

Cheers,
Chris

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Here is some video from their trip, we were too busy riding so we didn't pull out the camera all that much. The first video is day 1 and 2, the second video is a descent line from day 3.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Josh sent me a pic of the two Aussie chicks he ended up with. His judgement of great riding seems a little more legit than his recognition of hot Aussie chicks. I wonder if parking was a problem.........lol.

3a53a2e7.jpg

So can old farts ride up there too? I ride at least as good as Josh picks up hot chicks. EW

Last edited:
J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Looks like the hiring policy at Earls took a nose dive!!! SnowRide is open for everyone EW, well practically everyone, we do ask that guests have some experience riding in the mountains, its not for first timers. Don't be fooled by the pics, its not a jump camp, we ride the mountain every way imaginable, however every now and then I do enjoy getting the track off the ground.

A friend from Ontario took some pics last spring. In the past, I've been behind the camera and haven't bothered to get any shots for myself.

3704610414_093.jpg 3704610414_105.jpg 3704610414_141.jpg

Last edited:
J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Just finished the 7 day Avalanche Operations course as well, happy to have that out of the way.

Nice review!

It's good to see you took your AST1 Jorli and that you're passing on what you learned to your clients. Nice work! We can help educate people on avalanche safety/awareness and hopefully they can pass it on to their riding buddies. In the end it's all about having fun while being safe and coming home every night.

Sweet pics...looked like fun.

Cheers,
Chris

Premium Features