• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Areocharger etec install, so far looking sweet...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
received my areocharger, thankyou andrew and brad...

shipping weight same as trask (55lbs) and packaged very well, also the fit and finsh looks superb, very nice intake and intercooler workmanship, and the 66turbo looks impresive, fuel controller looks like i will need some reading to understand, install manuel looks to be a fairly basic job to install

will be installing in the next few days...

aerocharger 003.jpg aerocharger 004.jpg aerocharger 005.jpg

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
Hey Fredw,

Just wondering why you decided to do an Aero as well? You just did a trask! Any particular reason you wanted to do one of each? Jus being nosey :)

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
there is few riders in the group that want to go with turbos over bbs with the etec, so we thought we would try both turbo manufactures out, then make a call for the rest, looking for all around good performance, tree riding is a must..

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well the aerocharger install is done. started at 930am, and finished at 830pm:scared:

install started with the same as trask, i did not have to remove tower poles or fuel tank as per directions, lots of room, i like the airbox design of this kit better than trask, mostly all fit very well, also removed carb heaters while reed braket was installed

turbo housing and turbo took some Persuasion but went together after a few trys, intercooler fit very nice and as well silicone hoses

now where most of the time and issues came from was all the electrical, and routeing of small hose lines, many more than trask had, and time is needed to do a thero job

biggest issue was the stock gauge cluster and dash, mounted to the areo intercoller, i needed to drill new holes and attach, since areos holes were off and nothing lines up:face-icon-small-fro, also did not like the idea of removing the headlights, will need to find a waY to install a headlight, also added a slot for the stock spare belt holder

was told that without the aero intercooler, you could use the stock headlight,(trask allows headlight and intercooler)

fuel hookup and delevery was very nice on this kit :thumb:

instrument gauges look very sweet, and gauge bracket looks very nice as well:thumb:

if one needs to work on chaincase the aerocharger will need to be removed, and this will take some time, as the trask can be done much quicker

the areocharger braket and brace is built very tough, and over all looks very good, this kit was sweet other than dash install

will add some primary weight, and some venting in the am and take it out in the afternoon:face-icon-small-hap

few pictures of the install, overall a longer install than trask by a few hrs forareocharger 006.jpg

areocharger 007.jpg

areocharger 008.jpg

areocharger 009.jpg

areocharger 010.jpg

areocharger 011.jpg

areocharger 012.jpg sure

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
fred there would be no point in having a headlight and an intercooler correct? airflow would be zero over the intercooler.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
althought you do lose the headlight, the stand up IC is the only way to do it IMO< going to get the best cooling affects bar none.. throw some piaa's in the holes and mesh em up to keep snow out.. looks like a nice setup, cant wait for some videos to see how she runs.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well the trask runs the intertcooler and stock headlight, the intercooler gets its air from another smaller vent, and will not work as good as a open air intercooler, but still work somewhat better than not having one, to me a better option

fred there would be no point in having a headlight and an intercooler correct? airflow would be zero over the intercooler.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
added some major pin weight and took the sled out for its first ride

could only get 2lbs of boost, and sled pulled like a stocker then found out that air box became unattached from the bottom of the throttle bodys, once reattached 4 to 5lbs was obtained

sled pulled strong, but does have a hessitaion, seams to be at low idle, once rpm is up, on and off throttle is responsive and might be because of the low engagment(200/320 spring force) and i have a small exhaust leak that needs some tlc, i also need to replace the insulation on the stock pipe for quicker spoolup

finnally went to replace primary with the trask sled primary, because of higher engagment spring, but when i went to remove primary bolt, it became stuck and ended up breaking off in the crank:scared:, now not sure what to do....., and have no reason wh this happened, it went on fine, and was not overtqed, might be a machine shop visit happening in the near future

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well up and running again, put blue spring in to increase boost to 7lbs, increased primary spring to raise engagement and help with lag

Chris we might go to elkwater tomorrow, call me

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
\well out today at 2700 feet and 6 to 7 lbs boost, sled runs like a champ, pulling the 22 grams on clicker 1 with a light starting rate spring(we thought it work slightly better than trask primary settings)

slight half a second hessitaion, but we both felt (trask owner)it would work in the trees well. and this is with the 3 inch track

looks like stock gearing is to low, pushing the maximium speed very quickly of (88mph) ...what have others found to be the best for turbo applications, what would be a good maximum speed for 6 to 9000 feet

spins the track like a 154:face-icon-small-hap

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Well what kit pulls harder? Aero are trask.

S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
For gearing I'm going to try 1.85 ratio with Team hyvo chain

this will top out at about 101 mph at 8400 RPM on 8T 2.86 drive

your right 2.21 ratio 81 mph for me shifts all the way out to quickly and then right into the limiter on a climb

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
yes i think your onto something with the 1.85 ratio, what gears selection would make that the most reliablest

do they make your chain and sprokets your after for skidoo, do not see that on the web

S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
The xp hyvo top and bottom gears are at sled-parts.com.
Robbie at Avid has them also for sale so maybe he has chains as well.

26/48 is what I'm going with

The hyvo chain can be found at wahl bros.
The longest they sell is a 94P 3/4 so I need to give them a call and find out how I can get a chain to fit the xp chaincase.

I now run a 106 Linkbelt 15 wide and if the chain links are similar in length on both chain types than a longer chain would have to consist of 2 Hyvo chains joined.

A 106 fits with 25/49 on the revzone chart so the same length will fit a 26/48 setup as well.

I will have to call Wahl Bros and find more chain info from them.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
talked with keven at cp3 powersports, he is going to send out his belt drive system to see if it will fit with areos kit, this kit is 3 lbs lighter than stock, and should assist with spoolup, he feels a 2/1 ratio is all that is needed with the turbo system

cost is around a grand...... will a 23/49 work with the stock 104 chain??, if so i can try out that ratio this week

S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
no (23/49), won't work with 104 only with a 106 length chain

That ratio will not help your plan to gear up as it will only allow 81 MPH @ 8000 RPM

A complete hyvo setup is just over $200 and no more than $250.

I found out that Wahl Bros make you any chain length you need in their shop.

Hyvo is the stock chain on the Yammies and there are many who have tested the stock RX1 chain setup on boost and it holds up fine even with over 400 HP stressing it.

But if C3 is giving you the belt drive setup to test and promote their product than you have been truly blessed with that opportunity and the weight savings.

Premium Features