Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: IQ 2005-Current, all models in the IQ and IQ Raw chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Tylercox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IQ engine mount DIY

I have an 06 switchback 900, I've also had a couple iqs in my past and they all have crappy motor mounts, esp the 900. I couldn't find any aftermarket so I made my own. you'll need to buy a can of poly of your liking, I bought 80a. very rugged but still absorbs vibrations. http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/diymmi is when you can buy a can of 32oz in whatever color you want and softness you prefer. pull the engine mounts and use a drill bit to drill out most the existing rubber, pulll center bushing out them you can use a torch or a carbide bit to get the rest of the rubber out. set them up with plastic under and center them, and mix and pour, pretty cool. they hold up well!!

I have a video but it won't let it upload yet

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Tylercox For This Useful Post:
mountainhorse (03-16-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Currently: CONTEMPLATING: "Laughter is gods hand on a troubled world.".
Thanked 9,415 Times in 4,172 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds cool.
I'm interested in your process!

Load it to youtube and then embed the video here...

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Signature:

Rate this post: Yes | No