• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R&D kit installed

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
I recieved my kit from Dave last week.Upon pulling parts out of the box,I was impressed by the obviuos amount of quality and work that went into this kit.
It was very well packaged and made with high quality parts.
The install went way smoother than anticipated,and if there were questions,Dave was always available,helpful,and extremely knowledgeable.
I met up with Dave this weekend to test the sled,and let me tell you,this thing rips!The only thing we changed at 10,000ft (at my request)was the RPM-clutch engagement.
I have been keeping up with the posts on this forum,and can't necessarily say that I did't feel like most of you.I was frustrated as well,but now that I have my kit installed,all I can say is that i am very impressed with the kit,Tech support,and how far Dave went out of his way to make sure that I was happy.
In my opinion,Dave is a genuinely good guy,and am overall happy with the end results.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Great news man.
he said he was hand building some just to get them out the door. Getting one done and out every once in a while is better than none for sure. Glad it worked for you.
Did you order his clutching?

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
I ordered my kit a few months back just like everyone else.I also thought that I would have the kit installed before now,but there's still plenty of season around here left.Dave's clutching has a little higher RPM initial engagement than I was looking for.I told him where I wanted to be and when installed,We were only 200 RPM off from our goal!!Pretty good if you ask me.After riding the sled,and then riding another sled that was done before mine,I liked the higher engagement better.Dave sent me home with the well thought out clutch setup for free.What more could a guy ask for!!

roughriders

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
No pics or vid? Good to here it ran good! Hopefuly Dave keeps getting these kits out in the order they were payed for!! haha

J

JJG86

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 22, 2009
I recieved my kit from Dave last week.Upon pulling parts out of the box,I was impressed by the obviuos amount of quality and work that went into this kit.
It was very well packaged and made with high quality parts.
The install went way smoother than anticipated,and if there were questions,Dave was always available,helpful,and extremely knowledgeable.
I met up with Dave this weekend to test the sled,and let me tell you,this thing rips!The only thing we changed at 10,000ft (at my request)was the RPM-clutch engagement.
I have been keeping up with the posts on this forum,and can't necessarily say that I did't feel like most of you.I was frustrated as well,but now that I have my kit installed,all I can say is that i am very impressed with the kit,Tech support,and how far Dave went out of his way to make sure that I was happy.
In my opinion,Dave is a genuinely good guy,and am overall happy with the end results.

I guess you really expect the worse!!! 3 day Install????

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
sounds fishey to me. how did you get a hold of this helpful dave when no one else can. why didn't you post when you got the kit. no pics= BS. how much did dave pay you to post this?

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Hey man.. lets not ruin another thread with negativity:mad::mad: People have bashed enough already everywhere else Dave or someone who is dealing with Dave has posted something. This is GOOD NEWS...lets keep this thread a good news thread !!!! I'm in this to the end and this is a positive thing with Sledrush:) The bashing thread is under Buyer Beware.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Vernal, UT
Hey man.. lets not ruin another thread with negativity:mad::mad: People have bashed enough already everywhere else Dave or someone who is dealing with Dave has posted something. This is GOOD NEWS...lets keep this thread a good news thread !!!! I'm in this to the end and this is a positive thing with Sledrush:) The bashing thread is under Buyer Beware.

Ordered mine Nov, 21.
When did everyone order theirs?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I was in the snowies when Dave was dialing the sled in for George and his style of riding if you must know blu du. sled Rush I have to say that the smile on your face when you held it to the bar was priceless...and that was 6lbs of boost. Blu du did you purchase a kit? If not go take a seat in the peanut gallery!!!

Nick

sounds fishey to me. how did you get a hold of this helpful dave when no one else can. why didn't you post when you got the kit. no pics= BS. how much did dave pay you to post this?

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado

So... here are your B.S. pictures.No payment here!Thanks for calling me a liar though.Wow some people on this site really make a guy not wanna be on here anymore!!

001.jpg 002.jpg

F
Dec 5, 2007
Marion SD
R & d

I had my zx out for the first time sunday with a turbo kit I built myself with alot of help and componets for Dave. sled runs great!!!!!!!!!! He has always called back or helped me through anything so for thoses of you who have ever built anything and have had to out sorce some work or do all by your self it is tuff none the les trying to answer the phone all the time.

I bought : air box, oil pump, fittings, had all the carb work done. never had to wait Thanks for all the help Dave I have been in your shoes before keep up the good work.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
So... here are your B.S. pictures.No payment here!Thanks for calling me a liar though.Wow some people on this site really make a guy not wanna be on here anymore!!

Looks like a nice clean setup,looks good.Does it run good,much tuning?

Dave

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
As i was reading my original post,I realize I left out the more important part on the clutching.At first I was bumping the rev limiter,but a quick turn of the quick clickers,and Wahlaah!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Its good to see another brand of sled in the turbo wars.I can hardly wait too see them all together in a shoot out!!

Cheers,
Dave:beer;

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
I was in the snowies when Dave was dialing the sled in for George and his style of riding if you must know blu du. sled Rush I have to say that the smile on your face when you held it to the bar was priceless...and that was 6lbs of boost. Blu du did you purchase a kit? If not go take a seat in the peanut gallery!!!

Nick

Amen to that!It wae great meeting you Nick.The 10 high boys sent me pix of their Sunday ride.We definately missed out!

Premium Features