• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Turbo Kit Prices

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
With our new oil tank now you can show your pride in your chioce of favorite beverage :beer;. With a wrap on the tank you can have that liquid courage to get the job done:D. Pictures will be soon. Be paitent. I know you have so far.

Dave Halverson

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I have had some interest for building kits for the ZX chassis, so those who want to power up your ZX we will offer that too:D. The price will be different, but I will build these kits useing as many parts as the XP kits. Basiclly I will build the ZX kit and if you want to take the turbo and swap over to a Rev or XP chassis most of the kit can be swapped over. The biggest change would be oil tank, charge tube and exhaust. The ZX kits will be more "hand built" so there will be more time needed for me to build and package one of those kits. Our main focus is in the XP kits and all of our tooling is designed around that kit.

This is why the name is Custom Turbo Werx. Invest in one turbo kit and we can build off that original kit to suit your needs as you buy a different chassis. It makes no sense to buy another complete kit for a different sled when the money has been spent on the turbo kit. You will just recycle what you can and those are the most expensive parts of any turbo kit.

Dave Halverson

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Pictures of our production XP kit and orders will be ready late next week.

I am finally at a point to where I feel very happy with the location, layout and design of the production kits. I did have some minor issues with oil pumps and oil tank designs, but this is a very clean and discrete kit. The modifications to the XP chassis are very minor. Not counting the 2 holes in the dash for mounting the boost and fuel pressure gauges, you only have to drill 6 holes in the chassis. One of them being the return fuel line into the tank (no getting around that hole). Zero spliceing to the factory wireing harness. The electric pumps will all come pre-wired with Weatherpack terminals and you just plug into the factory wireing harness for power. This custom built harness alone cost me about $100 to build and is included in the kit so the sled doesn't get butchered. I am also working on a exhaust system, that will be an option for extra, to quiet the sled down some for those that want/need that option. For now this will only be availabe to exit the stock location. The other 2 choices are strait pipes off the turbo either out the side panel or out the stock location. I will not have pictures of the mufflered exhaust next week because I'm still finalizing that. I'm just getting some powdercoating done and then I will post the pictures and will be ready for business.

Thank you to everyone for being patient and taking interest.

Dave Halverson

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Get er done Jake. You know what we need;).

I had my charge tube, charge box and oil tank ceramic coated with a heat dissapating coating to help draw some heat out of the system where it isn't needed. Not sure if it will work as advertised, but it can't hurt. I know they use it in autotmotive applications with good results.

Dave Halverson

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Ya ive used those coatings. I think they have are somewhat effective. But, they need something (airflow) to take the heat off of the top of them. They worked fairly well on our motocross bikes. I think we are going to have a bit more of an effective system;)

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I just got the charge box and charge tube coated and couldn't wait to mount them up and see how they look. That's why there are no clamps and hoses hooked up. The exhaust parts are getting ceramic coated and weren't done yet. That's why those parts are not on.

Dave Halverson

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
how much for a rev kit and how much boost could i run on straight av gas at say 4500-9000? would there be much of a difference in clutching for those elevations? any engine mods that need to be done like cut heads? etc.
thanks and good looking kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I have been getting a lot of people wanting Rev and ZX kits and I would build the kit for the same price--$4700. 4500'-9000' is quite a swing :eek:. I would have to safley say on AV gas you should be able to run 8-9psi, maybe more. We have ran straight pump gas @ 6500' on 6-7psi without issue;). I have to suggest run as hi octane as you can afford and keep the boost within it's limits for that fuel. These things are not very tolerable when it comes to skimping on fuel. I know they can be run with pump fuel or blended fuel, but I am going to recommend race fuel and 10-12 psi. There are a lot of variables that come into play when running less octane. We have run less octane, but most of our testing has been in race gas form. If the engine is stock no internal mods are required other than different reeds.

Dave Halverson

how much for a rev kit and how much boost could i run on straight av gas at say 4500-9000? would there be much of a difference in clutching for those elevations? any engine mods that need to be done like cut heads? etc.
thanks and good looking kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I should also mention as of June 1st we will be takeing deposits for kits with the balance due prior to shipping. We have to build these one at a time and we don't have them laying around--yet.

I am waiting on some packageing material, but that's not to big of a deal. I am also waiting on the turbo specific reeds. Those wont be available till early fall and I will send them out to anyone who buys a kit before then. I am getting a price quote on a CNC one piece mandrel bent charge tube, and for those who buy a kit before those are available, I will send them out if I go that direction. Nothing wrong with the welded charge tube, but I just like the idea of a one piece, if the price is reasonable. The CNC bent charge tube would only be for the XP kits. The ZX and Rev charge tubes would be welded.

You have your choice of red, blue or black silicone couplers when ordering. Any ceramic coating, powder coating, polishing or anodizing is extra. The turbo in the pictures has a polished compressor housing and a sanded and polished ceramic coated turbine housing that has a full season of use on it and it still shines good. For those who need some restiction on noise I will offer a muffler that dumps out the stock exhaust location.

Dave Halverson

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Thanks Nick:beer;. How'd ya like where I put the boost and fuel pressure gauges? When we redo yours we'll have to change out the boost gauge and use the 0-30 psi gauge;). The 0-15 psi is the standard customer gauge.

Dave

yes...15 psi will never do:eek::eek::eek: I have actually hit 20 lbs of boost...the boost controler was a bit to be desired as you know. Cant wait for you to refine the turbo system.

Nick

Premium Features