• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Turbo Kits---soon!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
R&D Custom Turbo Werx:
We sell horse power!!

I have been busting a$$ to get the finishing touches done on the turbo XP kits I will be selling for next season and pitcures will be coming soon. Mocking up another kit now for an 09 XP. Mine is for an 08 so we should have good comparisons between the two years. I just wanted to give some people something to think about as the season is winding down. I have not determined a final price on the kits yet but here is what will be included:

Garrett GT ballbearing turbo
Turbo muffler
Turbo filter
Turbo specific reeds. Hopefully a Boyesen Turbo Rage Cage
Boost controller
Charge box and charge tube
All required tubing, hoses and electrical
Fuel pump
Oil pump
EGT or AFR gauge
Fuel pressure gauge
Boost gauge
Fuel pressure regulator
Blow off valve (BOV)
Nord-Loc washers on the Y-pipe if you don't have them
Clutch tower brace if you don't have one
Carb mods
Power Jets
Rave valve mods
Gauge pod
Wiring harness with oem plugs so no spliceing. (plug and play)
Turbo to pipe adaptor. (no pipe mod required)
Clutching kit

I am trying to offer a turbo kit for the XP that you can easily install and then take off with little or no changes made to the sled for re-sale. You will keep your oil injection in use. There will be other options available too. Polishing, anodizing, powdercoating, chroming and ceramic plating will all be extra. Tial SS turbine housing will also be an option for those who want it. Side dump exhaust or out the bottom like factory. If you have the EGT or AFR gauge and want to use your own clutching knowledge the price will reflect those items you don't need. We will do installation and sell informative kits with detailed instructions with personal support as you need it. We have had good luck on the turbo Rev running everything from pump gas to race gas and hope the results will be the same for the XP kits. As of now we are focusing on full race gas kits at 12-15 pounds of boost and then being able to turn it down and run blended or pump fuel.

Please leave any feed back as to what you would like to see being offered. We might be overlooking something.

Dave Halverson
dwhalverson@rap.midco.net
605-791-2291 Home
605-484-6822 Cell

Last edited:
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I completely understand. That is what I want too. Obviously though I need to make some money building the kits, but some of the kit prices out there are out of most peoples reach. I want more people to be able to afford a turbo sled. Reliability no question about it. I will not ride these or sell them if the reliability is not up to my anal standards. They will not run flawless everyday and will not be for everybody, but they have been showing very consistant running issues. The biggest thing I have seen people struggle with is finding any boost leaks. They can't phyically see the leak, it just shows on the gauge. Some mechanical aptitude will be required to run and maintain these sleds. Like I said, they are not for everyone. Some people just need to be on a stock sled.

you ask what I want- low price and reliability.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
All those words can be looked at as abstract. It's all in what you consider low price and reliable. The testing we have done seems to show a very reliable package. I'm just looking to put an option out for the Ski-Doo guys wanting a Garrett turbocharged sled. We can build kits for the Rev chassis to.

Or "low price", "turbo", and "reliable" used together. just kidding

U
Options

I would like to see the following:

- Pump gas kit (with options to upgrade) under $4000

- Intercooler (For higher boost kits)

I like that you will offer to remove parts of the kit (clutch kit, etc.) for those of us that want to do our own clutching.

Another thing that would be nice is to know ahead of time what the weak links to the Doo are (chains, cranks, drivers, tracks etc.) It would be nice to know what is going to be a possible future problem after adding a turbo. That way when someone goes to build their turbo monster they can factor in the additional items that they will need to make the sled rip.

Just my opinion!

I look forward to seeing some pics and pricing.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
anxiously awaiting for the final price Dhalverson.

I've been gathering ideas for a custom build turbo setup for my xp.

looking into building my own, buying pieces from other builders, or going with a complete kit.

Some of the kits arent even priced within reason. i mean a guy needs to make a living, and there is alot of time that goes into them. but 6-7k us?:eek:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
you ask what I want- low price and reliability.

Ditto! I'd like to something that I can run a race/91 blend. Race fuel isn't easy to come by where I live.

I doubt you will ever see the words "low price" and "turbo" used together...

It's out there. Turbo builders just have to stop trying to gouge peeps. I understand wanting to make a profit and I can't blame folks at all. Why is CPIs turbo system 2500 cheaper than others out there?

I am very interested in a turbo for my Xp though. Would love to see reliability though. I have an 09 and I most likely will have to keep it for a few years.
What would you be using for a breather? I am turned off by the huge snorkle thing. I like the stealth look and I think that snorkles get in the way. i have knocked several off of my buddies sled by either kicking them when I am hopping back and forth or a tree takes it off when i boondock thru the tight stuff.

PM me with the final details

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
As of now I'm not sold on the intercooler setup. The only ones I have seen that would really do anything are ones that stick out through the hood and stand up and down. An electric fan pushing or pulling under hood air is just moveing hot air. I feel with the effieciency of the Garrett and the proper sized charge tube, the intercooler isn't needed.

We will be tuning for pump gas and giving that as an option as well.

The weak links are what we are addressing now and are trying to offer a kit that takes care of those isuues.

The other thing that will be done when we install the kits ourselves and stress to the do-it-yourself customers is proper clutch alignment. If you are eating belts in stock trim, a turbo aint gonna fix that. Venting we will leave that to the customer.

Dave

I would like to see the following:

- Pump gas kit (with options to upgrade) under $4000

- Intercooler (For higher boost kits)

I like that you will offer to remove parts of the kit (clutch kit, etc.) for those of us that want to do our own clutching.

Another thing that would be nice is to know ahead of time what the weak links to the Doo are (chains, cranks, drivers, tracks etc.) It would be nice to know what is going to be a possible future problem after adding a turbo. That way when someone goes to build their turbo monster they can factor in the additional items that they will need to make the sled rip.

Just my opinion!

I look forward to seeing some pics and pricing.

Build it and they will come.

Make it affordable-a few more will come(including me, PM me when pricing is determined).

Make it cheap-all the dumb a$$es that can't change a belt or think that more octane makes more power up high will ruin your reputation.:cool:

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I know what you are saying about the snorkle. I debated for a few weeks about putting a penis extension on my Cat and finally did and the results on that chassis were none that I could tell or feel anyway. Yes colder air is better no doubt, but I have bent, crushed and ripped the thing completly off.
We are trying to get a decent (stealth) underhood cold air system setup done. That should not be too much of a challange. For those who want the penis extension, that's easy enough too. I have burned through barrles and barrles of gace gas and know the pain when buying it. When we go on family rides I usually let my oldest daughter or my wife ride my sled because it is easier to handle and they don't need full tilt power. I should get my Cat setup on pump gas but the turbo XP has been priority this season. So we are going to do the pump gas kits. My Xp is actually my wifes sled anyway and I should have it make less power than my Cat and build it for pump gas, but switching between pump and race gas isn't to big of a deal.

Dave

Ditto! I'd like to something that I can run a race/91 blend. Race fuel isn't easy to come by where I live.

It's out there. Turbo builders just have to stop trying to gouge peeps. I understand wanting to make a profit and I can't blame folks at all. Why is CPIs turbo system 2500 cheaper than others out there?

I am very interested in a turbo for my Xp though. Would love to see reliability though. I have an 09 and I most likely will have to keep it for a few years.
What would you be using for a breather? I am turned off by the huge snorkle thing. I like the stealth look and I think that snorkles get in the way. i have knocked several off of my buddies sled by either kicking them when I am hopping back and forth or a tree takes it off when i boondock thru the tight stuff.

PM me with the final details

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Stock gauges will stay where they are. I will either do the boost and fuel pressure gauges in a pod on top of the factory gauges behind the windshield or I was just looking and have some gauges coming for the stock dash panle. These will be cool if they fit. The EGT or AFR gauge will be handlebar mount or where ever you want to put it.

Dave

So the gauge pod thing...whats it about?? Does it just put all the gauges used for the turbo kit in the location of the stock pod so the stock setup is removed?? Or something else??

Premium Features