• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M-10 help!!!

i got an m-10 in my 97 formula z, anybody have any idea on how to get more ground clearance out of it, i know you cant use a drop bracket, would changing to a smaller driver to get more track lug clearance work, any help appreciatedtony.

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
Smaller drivers would make more room for a bigger track, yes. You can buy or make your own (lot cheaper) drop brackets. I have 3" drop brackets welded on my 99 670X and a pair bolted on my blown 91 phazer ST.

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
You can drop the suspension out of the tunnel with drop brackets just remember you want to do it the about half the drop in the front as the back and make sure when the suspension comes down on a flat surface the front touches just a little before the back. Here are a couple pictures of my sled drop brackets I made and skid remount to go to a longer 159 inch track.

rev track 5drop bracket.jpg rev track 4good.jpg

i dont think i can use a drop bracket with an m-10, i wish i could cause it'd give me more ground clearance and solve this whole damn lug problem lol. if i switch to a smaller driver do you think i'd have to change the location of the m-10 to compensate, and what does it do to the top speed and or acceleration. i wish i could just drop the whole suspension, mounting plates and all like an inchthanks for the helptony.

F****n sweet i didnt know you could mess with the mounting of the m-10, i've been fightin my dad tooth and nail to change the mount points cause the rear end really drags through the snow. ik the m-10 has very little transfer but a bigger lug and some more ground clearance should solve that right

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
I forgot to mention what I did was use my original mounting plates as a template to keep the center to center distance correct when I changed things around. The m-10 is difficult to get a lot of transfer out of but a bigger track should hook up better and give you more traction and transfer. Good luck.

D
Jan 17, 2009
GF, MT
cc performance has diffrent slider bushings to help with wheight transfer i havent tried them yet but i sure want to not to take over your thread but i have a m10 with a 159 i bought used on sw and it is so stiff it i cant get enough sag with it adjusted al the way to the light end how do i get it softer ?

Premium Features