• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Delete T- motion or keep it?

Delete T- motion or keep it?

• Keep T-motion

Votes: 89 42.4%
  • Delete

Votes: 106 50.5%
  • Deleted it without testing first

Votes: 15 7.1%

• Total voters

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Devil why do you have that opinion even before you ride it?

I have had around 15 T-Motion sleds since 2013, I know how they work and how much they hinder precision riding. After finally locking out last year, I realized that the T-Mo had been holding me back for years.

C
Nov 26, 2007
I have had around 15 T-Motion sleds since 2013, I know how they work and how much they hinder precision riding. After finally locking out last year, I realized that the T-Mo had been holding me back for years.

I agree the first time I rode the tmotion back in 14 I thought it was weird. I tried to get use to it but i finally giving up on it and glad I did. I tried for years to get used to it but can’t. Try riding that thing up a hill and hit a bump and u go left or right. Only way u can ride them is to go slow like cut through the trees on edge. Tmotion also works against you if u loose your edge and it will roll over and throw u over the handlebars.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I agree the first time I rode the tmotion back in 14 I thought it was weird. I tried to get use to it but i finally giving up on it and glad I did. I tried for years to get used to it but can’t. Try riding that thing up a hill and hit a bump and u go left or right. Only way u can ride them is to go slow like cut through the trees on edge. Tmotion also works against you if u loose your edge and it will roll over and throw u over the handlebars.

It has it's place, but it is not where you need to have precision in where you need to go. Final straw for me was when two buds on Cats ripped between two trees a few inches wider than skis. I had to slow down so I wouldn't cornhole one. Stuck. When they finally found me they both said "I didn't even let off the throttle!"

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
It has it's place, but it is not where you need to have precision in where you need to go. Final straw for me was when two buds on Cats ripped between two trees a few inches wider than skis. I had to slow down so I wouldn't cornhole one. Stuck. When they finally found me they both said "I didn't even let off the throttle!"

And as you sat their digging out your snow machine it never once occurred to you that not only are your friends much better riders than you but Arctic Cat has a far superior snow machine than what Ski Doo manufacturers? :face-icon-small-dis

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Chadly can be relentlessly dickish at times. Other times he will act like a real person. Devilman send me $5 and I will give him a $5 beating for you.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Chadly can be relentlessly dickish at times. Other times he will act like a real person. Devilman send me $5 and I will give him a $5 beating for you.

Matte will only call me a dick on the forum. He pretends he's my best friend when he is stuck in the trees with his sled upside down and nobody else can even get to him but me. :face-icon-small-dis Winterbrew has witnessed this more than once :face-icon-small-coo

I
Jul 5, 2001
Munster

Maybe 150 miles out of the Munsters.....

Will go back to the "partial lock out" with the washers......

I like this notice/disclaimer....

“PLEASE NOTE: This product will put additional strain on other components of your machine. It can cause premature wear and even failure of other components in extreme conditions. Munster is not responsible for trashing your sled, or the replacement of damaged components due to deleting your T-motion.”

20181215_112456_resized.jpg

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I just installed Z-Broz t/motion delete. Haven’t had it out yet, need snow!

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
we have an 18 850 in the group and with the t locked and the coil over with the torsion set up gone it is a LOT better set up. does take the meadow mash light front end and make it a bit more planted tho. this is good when it comes to trees. btw I'm a cat rider and this is the first doo of many that I was not scared as chit heading for anything sticking up! I just find the T motion in the first part of the transition the front and back are fighting to see who is in the lead. this also shows in a treed climb!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Pulling the torsion springs out should cause the track to move thru it’s side to side range a LOT easier. Those torsion springs are putting a lot of pressure on the rails kind of like out riggers on a canoe. I think people out think themselves when modding sleds sometimes.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
tried it both ways on 2 different sleds, went back to stock, found it was very unpredictable in super technical tight situations, t motion I feel in a bit more unforgivable and more fun to ride.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
Given all this, I really question how much "lock out" people are getting with these washers and other t-motion gimmicks. I've never seen any legitimate test that proves that any of them lock out the skid.

I think it puts extra stress on that little mounting spot on the rear arm, its a pretty weak spot to make it a rigid spot I feel.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Did five rides on my '18 165" 850 and found the lack of stability over old tracks and unforeseen obstacles in deep snow to be negative.

If you need to be on a specific line (which for me is 80% of the time), the t-motion lateral play creates a lack of predictability and less of the desired directional consistency I wanted.

Added delete washers from ZRP and it dramatically improved the ride. I won't look back.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I think it puts extra stress on that little mounting spot on the rear arm, its a pretty weak spot to make it a rigid spot I feel.

How is it any different than when it is pivoting and hits the end of its travel? I'd argue the momentum from the the movement and then stopping creates a greater force than having little to no movement to begin with.

Premium Features