• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 m8 dd stuck in reverse

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
my 07 m8 is not shifting back into foward after using reverse, this has happened 2 times, and once on my buds 08 m10. i got it to shift after i wiggled the track back and forth as well as the secondary, i have even thought about welding a nut on the shaft so i can manually shift it with a wrench, what have u done to fix this problem or how have u delt with this issue.

J
Nov 15, 2009
Sandpoint, ID
my 07 m8 is not shifting back into foward after using reverse, this has happened 2 times, and once on my buds 08 m10. i got it to shift after i wiggled the track back and forth as well as the secondary, i have even thought about welding a nut on the shaft so i can manually shift it with a wrench, what have u done to fix this problem or how have u delt with this issue.
That same thing happend to my 07 two years ago. What the dealer ended up finding was a broken wire down by the bottom of the gas tank in the wireing harness.
This was after they changed the ECM, the reverse solinoid, and a host of other stuff. The best thing was is was still under warranty! Lucky me. Made it by one day!

Premium Features