• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat recoil adapter to use M8/1000 recoil on older motor

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Just what the title says. Aluminum adapter to use the newer cat recoil on an older motor. Comes with all the hardware to install (re-uses your recoil mounting bolts) including the spacer for the starter cup.

$50+shipping from 83420 or 83404, whichever is less.

The ones we have now are drilled to fit the 8/900 stand up motors, EFI or carb. They could be modified to fit any older Cat motor.

We have a number of these, and if there is enough demand, will make more.

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

Last edited:

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
You have a PM, but I'll post also

We'd like $60 for the new style, as they're a little more time-intensive. We can also make more of either.

We'll ship to wherever, as long as you pay shipping :D

Thanks for looking

diggler

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Kalispell, MT
what year M recoils do you use, and what part of the recoil do you use or do you have to have the whole assembly? thanks

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I am not sure. Will check it out and get back. I would think so but I may have to make some of the mounting holes on the adapter plate a little different.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
M1000 starter on an F7

I looked at an M7 which has the same magneto case as the F. I looks like there is an engine mount bracket in the way of the adapter and the larger recoil. If you were intent on doing it I imagine you could make a new bracket but it would be a fair amount of work. Sorry, I was hoping to find a new market for the adapters.

S
Jan 8, 2010
Yeah, I forgot all about that bracket. O-well, I still need one for a Thundercat, will these fit it? if so how much with shipping to zip 16150 and what is your pay-pal.

Thank you,

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I have made some adapters with bolt patterns to fit just about any Cat with a Suzuki engine except for the 570 fan. They will work on ZRT and Thundercat triples, and the 5 and 600 A and B engines. I believe that with a little work it can be made to work on an M or F engine. I have done some looking and measuring and think the engine mount bracket can be dealt with. PM me for more details.

Last edited:
Premium Features