• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

handguard guantlets

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
i like heated bars better. rode with gauntlets and some are hard to get in and out of. they can pack with snow on fails.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Revv Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2011
Revelstoke BC
www.revvup.net
I've considered them too as I'm tired of buying Oxford grips that keep foofing out. There relitively inexpensive and het it's your birthday so buy a set so I can try them out bud. :face-icon-small-coo

M
Jan 14, 2004
I use them, they work well and are cheap as hell. Royal distributing sells the ones I use. When its warm enough out I just roll them up on the bars like you would your shirt sleeves. You really cant beat them for the price.

Page 276 Pro-X muffs , size large is the action. $29.99

M5

Last edited:
A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Gauntlet mitts over hand guards are the best $20 you can spend on your bike besides gas for the ride!
Especially if you don't have grip heaters.
Yes they fill with snow when you dump the bike, but without heaters, the snow doesn't melt. Brush the snow out and try to keep it rubber side down the next time!

In our mild temps here, on the trail in or out, I'm now wearing just some Atlas gloves or no gloves until you get into the deep stuff. Compared to insulated gloves with no gauntlets.
If I had grip heaters I'd probably ditch the mitts but until then....

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I've considered them too as I'm tired of buying Oxford grips that keep foofing out. There relitively inexpensive and het it's your birthday so buy a set so I can try them out bud. :face-icon-small-coo

Oxford grips foofers huh? I thought they were the good ones? I have a set and debated selling or installing.

I had gauntlets on a dual sport and loved them. Considered them for snow bike but so far getting by with heated gloves instead.

R
Apr 18, 2016
I ran tusk for a minute and didn't really like them and I'm not totally sure why. They do fill up in crashes but that didn't really bother me it was some sort of other issue with comfort and I'm not sure if it was my hand size or just the oddity of slipping my hand into the gauntlet that I couldn't get used to. I run the moose elephant ears over cycra's now and like that set up better with AME heated grips. No idea really why the Tusk seemed great...I'm just a weirdo sometimes.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I have ra the mitts a few different times, I like/hate them.. The issue I've always had is they are great until you start getting wet then they become Ice blobs.. falling over fills them with snow adding to the issue.. You might give them a try, my finding might be different than yours, its always a little wet here in WA.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I only run snow deflectors much like the Tusk ones with a light insulated glove that is all I need down to -20 Celsius.

Without heated handlebars they never get wet inside so my gloves also stay dry. On the sled with heated bars my gloves are always wet.

I prefer the KISS system keep it simple stupid:face-icon-small-win

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
Anyone try the fastway weather shields yet?
https://fastwayperformance.com/hand-guards/hand-guard-accessories/all-weather-shields-22-1-926.html

Look interesting although obviously not as warm as mitts.

If my raze heated bars and handguards aren’t sufficient I may try them out.

Those look like a re-branded version of Giant Loop Bushwhackers:
http://www.giantloopmoto.com/product/bushwackers-hand-guards/

I like the Tusk gaunlets, but most of the time I run the Moose foam hard guards, which are a lot like the Fastway/Giant Loop ones, but made from material that's a little more substantial:
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/962/42817/Moose-Racing-Foam-Handguards

In my opinion, these guards work better for warmth in the winter if you remove the plastic shields from your aluminum hardguards so that they can be cinched down a bit to enclose your hands better.

And using these guards or gauntlets in addition to grip heaters works great. When I've used grip heat with regular dirt handguards, I could barely feel the heat. But inside of a gauntlet you get a nice, warm pocket for your hands. You can run thin gloves even on cold days.

Premium Features