• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

goinxtreme119

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Helena, MT
Anyone have any experience with the SLP full exhaust system for the G4? Looking at putting it on 17’ 165 Summit X.

What required for modifications as far as clutching, any ecu changes, etc?

Thanks.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Typical SLP have a machine 1.5 years, still no pipe... yet new Cat pipe is ready...

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
No clue, just know they’ve had access to a machine for the most part since summer of 2016. And of coarse all last riding season.

I’ve noticed over the years with SLP. If you are after a Polaris or Cat pipe for a new model you’ll get it pretty quick. But if you are waiting on one for a Doo, well it generally takes a lot longer than the other 2. Again those are my observations, no direct info mind you.

But they do seem to do a pretty good job on testing. Their stuff always fits nice which is a bonus when comparing to some others.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I had the SLP full pipe, y-pipe and can on my T3, wasn’t impressed. Think your better off w stock.

Based on my 16 Summit with full pipe, waste of money. It MAY have made more horsepower, but only at the advertised RPM, it was a dog everywhere else. And I spent a TON of time trying to clutch it out, it never worked.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Based on my 16 Summit with full pipe, waste of money. It MAY have made more horsepower, but only at the advertised RPM, it was a dog everywhere else. And I spent a TON of time trying to clutch it out, it never worked.

Agreed. Stock rips, why change it and risk loosing making good bottom end and mid range.

Premium Features