• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 clutch help

S
Nov 6, 2017
Wisco
Long story short my brother bought a m1000 turbo and its clutched for Yellowstone. He is looking for a weight setup to adjust it for the mid west.

I'm a Ski-doo guy so I know that clutch in and out but not the Cat, can anyone point me to a how to? The guy he bought it from said he can adjust the weights with the clutch on the sled?

Appreciate any help

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
What turbo, what elevation, how many pounds of boost, what secondary setup, what gearing, what track length, what type of clutch weights?

S
Nov 6, 2017
Wisco
What turbo, what elevation, how many pounds of boost, what secondary setup, what gearing, what track length, what type of clutch weights?

Boondocker pump, 0-3000 ft, 6lbs boost, secondary and gearing is not known, definitely aftermarket by the helix it has, 163'' track and clutch weights as well we are unsure of.

Before I dug into it I was hoping for some kind of instruction, I have all skidoo clutch tools and didn't want to pop off the clutch unless necessary.

thanks for the quick response
f2ba032dbdf501145c76ef2bbc98950a.jpg
174d1b73c1bf0ee9a8ebdf6185437626.jpg

Last edited:

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
You will probably do best by running it and then figuring out what needs to be changed.

You can certainly change your weights out without removing the primary from the sled, but you will need to either take the cover off or find a safe way to compress the clutch to take tension off the weights.

In general if you are going from high to low elevation you will probably end up going up in weight (say from 80 to 83 grams) and to a more aggressive helix angle (ie. 36 to 40),

But..it's a turbo so it's probably already got a non-stock helix like you said. I see it's got the adjustable cover so you can probably dial in the backshift a bit with that too.

Again, there's no way to know what it needs without actually running it. Good luck!

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
6lbs. boost...

we ran 85 gram wts. with a 36/46 helix on our pump gas set-ups and it works well if thats all the boost your going to run...

Premium Features