• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching help!!!

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
Put a slp pipe on my 2016 m8. Ran fine before I put the new clutch kit on. I installed the weights and new primary spring. Now it wants to take off at an idle without throttle. I adjusted the belt deflection to have the belt sit in farther and it doesnt grab anymore but my belt is riding too far in the secondary clutch now. Anyone have advice?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Did you use the mtx weights?
Best thing I found is to grind the back of the weight by the pin because the profile makes them stick out too far and hit the roller too soon

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
Did you use the mtx weights?
Best thing I found is to grind the back of the weight by the pin because the profile makes them stick out too far and hit the roller too soon

I think I found the problem...I should have read the dorections?. I did not install the spacer behind the spider. But I will look into what you said, thanks!

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Its not the team clutching its the mtx weights. This is the same for team and non team. The back of the weight has a flat square that hits the chiv and doesn't let the weight retract out of the way of the roller. Slp could change this easy but they are looking to sell you a spider shim as most guys dont have the tools to make it happen. Long story short speedwerx 125/310 spring With cup adapter and stock weights (68) for 5to9 k . The slp pipe only loose weight and cleans up the throttle. No more peak power is made only mid range

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
Its not the team clutching its the mtx weights. This is the same for team and non team. The back of the weight has a flat square that hits the chiv and doesn't let the weight retract out of the way of the roller. Slp could change this easy but they are looking to sell you a spider shim as most guys dont have the tools to make it happen. Long story short speedwerx 125/310 spring With cup adapter and stock weights (68) for 5to9 k . The slp pipe only loose weight and cleans up the throttle. No more peak power is made only mid range

You end up spending an extra $100 with the mix weights. Very annoying. I wish at least slp would have told me I need to buy these tools to install the clutch kit.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'd throw the weights back at them. Freaking joke they still haven't corrected this.
Mds weights are better and adjustable.
Besides mtx weights worked on old sleds but not nearly as good on the 16+

I'd throw the stick weights in and get a spring to match. Run it until we figure out the secondary issues first. Once we get them to actual shift out, then we will get them dialed in.

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
I'd throw the weights back at them. Freaking joke they still haven't corrected this.
Mds weights are better and adjustable.
Besides mtx weights worked on old sleds but not nearly as good on the 16+

I'd throw the stick weights in and get a spring to match. Run it until we figure out the secondary issues first. Once we get them to actual shift out, then we will get them dialed in.

I called them and they said with their weights I have to run the spider spacer. So I ended up buying all the tools. Never again will I go with slp clutching... They also didn't send me any guide lines for weights. I called them and had to ask what they recommended.

Premium Features