• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best tether to put on Pro

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The Polaris one fails to stay running clean even with having the fat washer out and the screw in the tip.

Misses and random cutting out.

From my research the pingle is the only reliable one.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Never had an issue with the Polaris tether.

Part #2874379. I can get the OEM ones if people are interested.They should be up on my website today.

e9a0a8709b567e6c6c16f8e0ed58c956.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
I've had good luck with the Gunnar unit. I didn't care for the Polaris ones.

This is not plug and play, the connectors aren't for the Polaris plug. I've either replaced the Polaris plug or used spade connectors to plug into the factory female plug and then electrical taped everything up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GTWAYY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's actually on the next page of the Parts Unlimited catalog after the Pingel.

http://asset.lemansnet.com/static/sites/partsunlimited/flipper/2017_offroad/#?page=701

Last edited:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Polaris plug and play used since 2000 800 RMK Gen 3 with no issues, a couple of times in spring snow the tether pulled in the trees (snag up) and got wet snow in the switch but cleaned it out with stick or knife blade and off and running. One really cold day, had one not kill when pulled and a small couple of drops of gas from the tank cap slide on the open switch and work in and out briefly and worked the rest of the day. Will not ride my equipment without.
gtwitch in wyoming

J
Mar 31, 2012
Mancos, CO
I had two tether's from SLP, but they weren't plug and play. I returned them and got two Polaris tethers. I haven't ridden yet this year, because there ain't any snow here, but they were very easy to install. I did both in about 10 minutes, one on a 2012, and the other on a 2016.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Broke pro armor after being pitched. Pro Armor also froze up several times not killing sled.

Currently have Polaris OEM with a dab of graphite on every ride to prevent button from freezing. No issues here!

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
My pro armour broke after 2 or 3 seasons. Just picked up a polaris tether, going to give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Putting the screw in really helps with making a solid contact on the Polaris tether...
View attachment 288043
Never had a single issue with the Polaris tether. One thing I noticed when installing, don't use the washer that comes in package unless what your mounting to is super thin. This way the butten in the switch stick out plenty far enough.

I had pro armour style tethers freeze up before and not shut off. A little dielectric grease on shaft helps but the Polaris design the switch stays covered.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Premium Features