• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 camso ride reports please

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Has anyone been out on the 2018 Camso looking to pull the trigger on a back up bike and kit. Any ride report and comparison to TS Yeti Old or New would be great. I am particularly interested on the suspension performance in the whoops and ski performance Trail and Pow.

Last edited:
M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
I just picked up two Camso kits today, for our 300 XCWs. It is too early in Southern Ontario to convert though. I'm sure there's going to be one more heat wave before the snow really dumps deep enough to make snow biking fun. The Camso kits look really nice though..."keep it simple..." Have heard a lot of good things about them so I was sold. :face-icon-small-coo

B
Sep 23, 2008
Penticton BC
Has anyone been out on the 2018 Camso looking to pull the trigger on a back up bike and kit. Any ride report and comparison to TS Yeti Old or New would be great. I am particularly interested on the suspension performance in the whoops and ski performance Trail and Pow.

Me and the wife will be out on Sunday with our 2018 kits, will comment after, was impressed with the 2017.

M
Jan 14, 2004
In 2017 they had an issue with the chain tension slacking off. There is a fix for 2018 which may not be working 100% so keep an eye on your chain tension the first few times out.

M5

B
Sep 23, 2008
Penticton BC
Went out on Sunday, two tanks of fuel, 4feet of snow with a great base, 18 inches of powder, track and ski works extremely good, zero trenching, very impressed with gearing and transfer of power delivery to the track. Trail was whooped out on way to alpine, suspension skid was smooth. Didn't get stuck once. Very happy:face-icon-small-hap

D
Nov 22, 2017
In 2017 they had an issue with the chain tension slacking off. There is a fix for 2018 which may not be working 100% so keep an eye on your chain tension the first few times out.

M5

one small ride on mine and the chain slackened considerably. Not falling off territory but definitely out of spec. But that was the first ride and that might be some chain stretch, I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.

Last edited:
B
one small ride on mine and the chain slackened considerably. Not falling off territory but definitely out of spec. But that was the first ride and that might be some chain stretch, I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.

I'm going to make sure that, after the first run, as soon as I can, to check and re-adjust the primary and secondary chains along with the attack angle and the belt tension. The Big 3.

Premium Features