• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replacement Axys Throttle block?

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Anyone else have issues with plastic throttle block constantly coming apart when landing or hitting hard? I had same issue on my 2013 PRO and ended up going to the billet RSI throttle block. It worked really well. I see same one on their website, but not sure if the one without killswitch fits the axys or not. Definitely sick of taking throttle apart on the mountain and getting out vise grips to click plastic pieces back together. Any input would be awesome!

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Same issues, so I also resorted to the RSI block but chose the one with the killswitch on it. So I can't answer that part of your question but I can't imagine wasting my time riding another sled with the plastic block...

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The stock throttle block is definitely a terrible item on these sleds. I fight with it non-stop in deep snow. I've had mediocre success with the RSI...better, but not perfect. Will have to try another brand some day.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ZRP (zollinger racing products) just came out with a billet replacement. Crazy $$ imo but it's what ur looking for.

http://www.zollingerracingproducts.com/shop-our-store/billet-throttle-block-replacement-parts

603ab9c42543b8ffc401a8466d9f9e39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
With my TSS bypass jumper you can run any throttle block you want to.
Just be sure to use a tether religiously for safety.

I'll chime in on this.

Bought one for my pro and it was, off course, hard to get used to. Since I don't ride to much, the practice suffers. Thought of putting my thumb flipper back ob, but never did.

Sold pro and went Axys, wondering how I would like it. I miss the Munster! It is superior, IMO, when you go from hanging on the bars to pushing. Thumb flipper it affects throttle, not with the finger. Also, I don't have to switch from thumb behind bars to fingers in front of bars when leaning and turning to the right. Did that make sense?? LOL!

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Doesn't that still retain the other plastic piece that seems to always come out of that groove?
I think the combination of those two pieces would prevent it from coming apart. You've got half the groove now in aluminum and the aluminum cover piece holds it rigidly together. I believe the cover piece flexing is what makes it come apart.

For those that have yet to experience this issue, you have to remove the cover piece to get the lower half to snap back into the upper half. I've been lucky enough to deal with this in the back country:mad: Make sure you have the right torx with you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Yes it does, is hidden under this front plate....only thing I don't like is it doesn't have a good holder or notch for thumbwarmer cable.

IMG_5386.jpg

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i fought with mine for years , then i read a post on another web site to use a wire tie around the block this did the trick no further problems and only cost 10 cents .

Premium Features