• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor Mounts causing low RPM in Axys Chassis

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
i haven't had a chance to look at mine. i recall someone here was trying to manufacture some better mounts. are they available yet or are people going with an updated part number/ older pro mounts?

what's the process to switch them out? one through bolt each? how tough is the access?

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
There is a new part number now on the 2018 model. The part number on the 2016 and 2017 has changed up to the new one for the pto side. I am updating mine to the new ones on my 2016. I had rpm issues with my SKS last season where it was lazy and would not hit top rpm. But I believe my issue was the seal on the pipe. I would take the pipe off and put copper rtv on it and it would be fine for a couple rides and then be back the same way again. Pull the pipe off again and do the same thing and then it was good to go again for a few rides. So this year I am replacing both exhaust donuts and all the springs as well as adding a slp torque arm.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I have 3 2016 axys and haven’t touched my mounts but happen to come across this on Facebook. He’s making a stiffer durometer Mount for the axys. I’m gonna get 3 sets for myself to be safe.

Worth looking Into. FWIW

4af1ee33909dccf665c8959273734dcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I have 3 2016 axys and haven’t touched my mounts but happen to come across this on Facebook. He’s making a stiffer durometer Mount for the axys. I’m gonna get 3 sets for myself to be safe.

Worth looking Into. FWIW

4af1ee33909dccf665c8959273734dcd.jpg

Those appear to be 2011-15 Pro Mounts. I installed multiple sets of Pro-Ride mounts in our three Axys Chassis Pros. So far, so good--- BUT I haven't put enough miles on them yet in DEEP, HEAVY snow conditions to state that they are better or don't create there own set of issues. I probably have 400 miles on the highest mileage set but that was later in the season with snow that wasn't as deep and as much of a load on the mount.

Time will tell. Make sure you also swap out the torque arm rubber (same Part # 2011-15 Pro 2016-17 Pro not sure on 2018) that mounts to engine. That mount takes a beating in the Axys chassis.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Durability is great- but if we cross the line looking for longevity and end up with too hard of a durometer... we have a new set of issues ahead of us..
For the ease of the change, and cost of the mounts and torque arm.. as of now till there is a solid souloution, OEM isn't too bad..not bad at all..

FWIW.. I have change 6 Axys sleds motor mounts, and the mag rear it is the one that takes the most beating... PTO's are not bad at all- but they all get a changeout.

Last edited:

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
FWIW.. I have change 6 Axys sleds motor mounts, and the mag rear it the one that takes the most beating... PTO's are not bad at all- but they all get a changeout.

Are you also swapping out the stock torque arm rubber that mounts to the motor? Everyone of mine and customers had a small tear in the rubber from flexing..

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Are you also swapping out the stock torque arm rubber that mounts to the motor? Everyone of mine and customers had a small tear in the rubber from flexing..

Everytime Murph.......
All my customers sleds get the torque arm mount replaced- Not worth the gamble for the price of it... all part of the service

As you probally are aware, there is no need to pull the rear mounting bolt from the torque arm.
Removing the 8mm allen head from the front rubber isolator that mounts to the motor,pivot the arm up/down far enough out of the way to get to the 2 mounting bolts..... at least they ( Polaris) make that easy to get to.

Last edited:

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
As you probally are aware, there is no need to pull the rear mounting bolt from the torque arm.
Removing the 8mm allen head from the front rubber isolator that mounts to the motor,pivot the arm up/down far enough out of the way to get to the 2 mounting bolts..... at least they ( Polaris) make that easy to get to.

Yep, been doing the same since the Pro Ride days.

G
Oct 23, 2011
So I’ve been following this thread for my 2015 SB Pro-S.

I see that the insert part numbers from Polaris are different for the 2018 models:

2018 (Pro-S)
PTO Side Inserts - 3023290
MAG Side Inserts - 3023291
Torque Limiter - 3022281 (no change)

2015-2017 (Pro-S)
PTO Side Inserts - 3022697
MAG Side Inserts - 3022698
Torque Limiter - 3022281

If I’m going to buy replacements, I’d assume the 2018 are improved, right?

G
Oct 23, 2011
So I’ve been following this thread for my 2015 SB Pro-S.

I see that the insert part numbers from Polaris are different for the 2018 models:

2018 (Pro-S)
PTO Side Inserts - 3023290
MAG Side Inserts - 3023291
Torque Limiter - 3022281 (no change)

2015-2017 (Pro-S)
PTO Side Inserts - 3022697
MAG Side Inserts - 3022698
Torque Limiter - 3022281

If I’m going to buy replacements, I’d assume the 2018 are improved, right?

Never mind. Looks like the show the upgraded numbers for the old parts. Guess I’ll go with those.

Oinakka

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Sweden
Those appear to be 2011-15 Pro Mounts. I installed multiple sets of Pro-Ride mounts in our three Axys Chassis Pros. So far, so good--- BUT I haven't put enough miles on them yet in DEEP, HEAVY snow conditions to state that they are better or don't create there own set of issues. I probably have 400 miles on the highest mileage set but that was later in the season with snow that wasn't as deep and as much of a load on the mount.

Time will tell. Make sure you also swap out the torque arm rubber (same Part # 2011-15 Pro 2016-17 Pro not sure on 2018) that mounts to engine. That mount takes a beating in the Axys chassis.
Are the proride mounts a direct swap? Magside proride to Magside Axys , Pto proride to Pto Axys? And isbit confirmed to be stiffer?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Are the proride mounts a direct swap? Magside proride to Magside Axys , Pto proride to Pto Axys? And isbit confirmed to be stiffer?

LIMITER, TORQUE, ENGINE Qty 1
Polaris
item: 3022281 $26.23

MOUNT, ENGINE INSERT RAD Qty 4
Polaris
item: 3022409 $17.43

You use 4 of the ProRide larger sized rubber isolators, and 1 torque limiter (same in ProRide and Axys)

I do not know if the durometer of the rubber is different BUT the ProRide feel stiffer due to the fact that the grooves are not as deep and the edges are square versus beveled. I only have about 500 test miles on the highest mileage sled I have this setup in. I did it late last season and the snow was not nearly as deep as it was earlier. So far, no ill effects, BUT more miles are required to come to a conclusion. Re-confirm clutch alignment after installation.

Oinakka

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Sweden
Thanks! Have 3000 miles on my sks so i about to change the mounts, think ill go with to proride ones then.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Anyone get their hands on the new 2018 part number PTO side mount? I just ordered one and I'm going to take my MAG REAR one out and compare them. . Read it takes the most beating. . 580 miles on 2017 163x2.6 but I just bought it so I haven't even rode it yet.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Here's what 2200 miles looks like. Rpm's were still in check.

Wow.... those mounts are sacked out. See how the torque arm rubber is torn on the leading edge? That motor would have been moving a bunch. Were you running an 1183 belt? Crazy amount of belt dust.

Thanks for sharing.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Wow.... those mounts are sacked out. See how the torque arm rubber is torn on the leading edge? That motor would have been moving a bunch. Were you running an 1183 belt? Crazy amount of belt dust.

Thanks for sharing.

Murph, yes the belt was 1183. Have never blown a belt on this unit. Switch out the original belt at 1000 miles (to run as a spare) and I am on my second belt since then.
My second last ride the previous season was 2 days of breaking trail in +3ft of snow....so the old girl was chewing !
Installing new torque bushing and motor mounts, as well as a Jaws pipe and Indy Dan clutching and helix next week.

IMG_1919.jpg IMG_1962.jpg

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Here's what the new PTO #3023290 looks like. . They only tapered one side for more survace area,grooves arnt cut as deep, and harder material from my finger feel. . I'm putting this one in my MAG REAR
fc526e3a108414658ca93f2d10b760c1.jpg
6cc3cfa86155cdb8f3011d87fa935803.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features