• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best ski's for summit 850

T
Dec 19, 2016
Alaska
What's every ones opinion on best all around functioning ski's for the 850. My stock tips folded up in second ride. I come from a few poo's and I like the grippers but I'm not real happy with the ride angle using G4 ski rubbers. I've run c&a's in the past liked every thing but rail road tracks and trailers, thought powder pros were good but sketchy on inconsistent snow. Need some thing other than stock help a brotha out

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I centered my skis which seems to be the best improvement I have made.

Like the grippers too but did not really notice a difference with them.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Are MOD skis a thing of the past? Guys on Dootalk used to go bonkers for em but I havent seen em mentioned for years.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
How did you center them? Curious where you got the spacers...

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
C & A BX is what I have been running. They are way stiffer the stock DS3 ski, but steer a bit harder on groomed trail (who cares about that). I have heard good things about the SLP Mohawk on the ski doo, never owned a pair though. Would like to try them.

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
Have a set of grippers on mine with XM rubbers...so far so good..i would fold the front of ski doo skis up allll the time

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Sly dog powder hounds 8" like having power steering .

They float instead of dive and saved my frond end more than a few times by bouncing over stuff. I like the fact that they lift and go instead of dive and dig.
You for sure have to keep them in the narrow position as the ski is a bit wider. They have been my go to for ever since they came out. Halve of our riding group uses them.

Premium Features