For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Powder Special and older 2000 and older, all models in the Powder Special chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
ponchonutty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 93 Arctic Cat Jag FC440 no spark

93 Arctic Cat Jag FC440 no spark

I bought this sled that had caught on fire. It melted the harness so I decided to buy a used harness. I am 99% sure I bought the right harness but now I have no spark. What do I need to look for? The odd thing I did notice is that the old harness had a 2 pin harness from the safety switch. The new harness has 3 pin harness but so does the replacement handlebar. I can only think the replacement harness is no good, I have one that won't work, or I have something not hooked up correctly. This new harness does have a 6 pin plug that I can't figure out what it's for. The old harness was burnt so bad that I can't compare. Any held would be great!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Basic Member
6000rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried checking for spark with the kil switch down? We had a 90 prowler 440 l/c that was backwards after replacing some electrical parts. To kill the sled, you had to lift up on the killswitch and push the throttle and it would shut down

Old 01-22-2017, 11:49 PM
Basic Member
ponchonutty is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. I found that out too so now I have spark. Found out the cranks seals were crap so I had them replaced but now still have same issue I had after I got the wiring straightened out. It acts like it's not getting fuel at times. I've replaced EVERYTHING fuel related. New pump, new lines, new filter, new pickup, and even a new NOS carb. It will start for a few when I dump fuel in the cylinder but once that burns off it stalls. It did run longer a few times but not long enough to get carb adjusted. What gives