For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Powder Special and older 2000 and older, all models in the Powder Special chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
ponchonutty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 93 jag 440 f/c mikuni carb question

It appears as if I have a carb problem on my sled. This ca has been in improper storage for a while and I think the carb is junk. I had to pry the choke plunger out of it because it looked like it got wet and corroded into place. I tried cleaning it all out the best I could. I can get the sled to start but barely runs above idle speed while wide open. The plugs get saturated with fuel. I think I may just try to find a good replacement. On the side it says 32-119. Anybody have an idea what that means?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Basic Member
Sickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond reputeSickbuild has a reputation beyond repute

Have you taken the bottom of the carb off? Clean your jets out / adjust cable to get slide height right. Adjust idle screw. Turn idle mix screw on side(the tiny one)go right till it is snug then back off 1- 1-1/2left.

Last edited by Sickbuild; 10-24-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:49 AM
Basic Member

Yes I tore it apart. It was pretty crude looking. Got it farely cleaned but didn't change anything. Still don't think it's the right carb anyways so I ordered a NOS unit to try out. Will report back how this works out

Old 10-31-2016, 12:03 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickbuild View Post
Have you taken the bottom of the carb off? Clean your jets out / adjust cable to get slide height right. Adjust idle screw. Turn idle mix screw on side(the tiny one)go right till it is snug then back off 1- 1-1/2left.
Ended up buying a NOS carb that is the correct size. 4th pull started right up!