• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M-serires gauge on 1M sled

R
Nov 21, 2009
West Fargo, ND
I know the speedo is electronic, which will be one issue. But I would like to know if the rest of the electrics would work, temp light, low oil light, rpms, etc. I believe I can work on the speedo part seperate from the rest.

R
Nov 21, 2009
West Fargo, ND
speedo swop

I know the speedo is electronic, which will be one issue. But I would like to know if the rest of the electrics would work, temp light, low oil light, rpms, etc. I believe I can work on the speedo part seperate from the rest.

It looks as if the 03 - 04 speedo sensor should bolt up to where the ZR does and just add power, right.??????

R
Nov 21, 2009
West Fargo, ND
By looking at the diagrams, you should be able to drill a recess hole, same as a 2003 Firecat drive shaft, into the drive shaft of a 1M. I don't think it will even hurt the original speedo set-up if you just can't get it to work and switch back.

The speedo sensor's clearance is what holds the magnet in place or is it epoxyed in place? either way it should be doable. The magnet is the key to this mod I believe.

Does anyone have pictures of the magnet in the end of the drive shaft, measurements of how far the stub shaft extends past the bearing, etc. I believe I can switch mine over with a few refereces made from an actual 2003 firecat just to verify dimensions are right.

Thanks

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
All of those things can be made. I made ZR 800 EFI -03 based mountain mod and used Firecat gauge and driveaxle pickup for speedo. Works good. The gauge just needs voltage to show rpm and lights. Rest of the pins are for sensors etc.

Here's my sled:
main.php

Premium Features