• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 XP Steering post removal

T

TABLEROCK

Nov 27, 2007
In Da Minnesooota
What all does it take to remove the steering post from a 2014 XP. Looking at doing a post forward before I go riding soon. Does the post come out the top of the triangled braces?:face-icon-small-con

Thanks

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Yes, comes out the top. Remove perty much all the plastic, then the pipe.

There are 2 10MM bolts that hold the post on the bottom, and the same on top.

The plastic "skirt" in the S-mod is a bit of work but not too bad.

D
Jan 26, 2011
Northern BC
What is the S-mod plastic skirt? Thanks

Black plastic piece located toward the bottom of the steering post, just below the exhaust expansion chamber. Seals the space between the skid plate, steering linkage from the inner space around the pipe. Can be a wrestling match to get in or out, but can be done. Probably involve some blood loss. Ask me how I know.

T

TABLEROCK

Nov 27, 2007
In Da Minnesooota
Well it's done

Took the post out the top like stated above. Thanks! The whole job of of installing a post forward kit from C3 took about 4 hrs total. By far the hardest part was melting the air box to fit the steering post and trimming the counsel to fit the post forward kit. All in all pretty happy with the add on. It added about 1 inch of height to the bars which for me worked out since I'm taller guy at 6'2" and with boots a little more. Don't hesitate about doing its a inexspensive bolt on and improves the steering geometry and makes the sled more rider friendly.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features