• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gallagher grooming

E
Dec 10, 2010
What's their phone number can we call and try to persuade them
to do some partial grooming until the snow pack improves

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
What's their phone number can we call and try to persuade them
to do some partial grooming until the snow pack improves

Others have already tried.

It sounds like the Forest Service is going to stick to the rules. We need a foot and a half at the snowpark to begin grooming.

E
Dec 10, 2010
Maybe the rules need to be changed are they worried about damage to the road or something else
they have groomed at green water 4 or 5 times
they should allow them to groom what is there
so if we go all winter with not enough snow on the lower end of the road we get
sh*tty ride up to Gallagher for the rest of the season.
doesn't sound very reasonable

32nBelow

Nov 26, 2007
central cascades
Cle Elum Ranger District . I talk to them often, good luck. Easy number to find. To many as..ole callers so I removed the number.

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
I understand why there is no grooming, don't agree but that's just the way it is. The thing I would like to know is what is done with the budget? And will we be able to groom later into the season because of the slow start?

E
Dec 10, 2010
so I called and talked to lady ranger and she kept telling me that washington state controls the grooming and she doesn't have anything to do with it
so I said great than they can do a partial groom
then she started to get pissed
she's afraid that the groomer will either hit someone or someone will hit them
so I ask about a temporary sign and a berm like they do at greenwater to keep wheeled vehicles out
flat out refused
must be too much work for her
more people should call and complain

Last edited:

32nBelow

Nov 26, 2007
central cascades
If you do call have some respect please these people are only doing there job. Being a A..hole does not help. They have policy and procedures to abide by. As for extending the season that again is up to Washington state Parks and the F.S.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
This would all be solved with a big dump but it doesn't look good in the short term, greenwater was still very nice on Sunday.

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Doesn't seem like a big deal. I drove so far up in my pickup before I launched there wasn't far to go after that.

Aug 11, 2013
Maple Valley, WA
Unloaded just before Camp Creek yesterday for a short ride. Wasn't bad if you take your time. Slick roads at times. A little lonely up at the top though..... buddy bailed on me for his inaugural Gallaher ride. Still had a great time:clap2:

if you can drive up that far still then what would you folks like them to groom the ice and rocks? seriously are you to lazy to lift your azz off the seat for a few miles? its currently Freezing Rain so it might be filling in the bumps....

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
I don't think he is being a jerk.. it would be nice if they would just redirect some of the groomers off of areas that are in good shape.. it takes about 3x longer than it should to get up gallagher because of the whoops. I don't think you could sit over them if you wanted to. One pass with the groomer would set it straight for a good while.

can you share the number you called?

B

beans

Nov 27, 2007
Preston, WA
By making calls you are helping nothing at this point....in fact you may be hurting our cause. The person answering calls does not have the ability to re write a grooming guideline.

We are lucky to have a grooming team in that area that is in touch with the sled community. At this point we need snow. Not protestors.

Premium Features