• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 switchback 900 engine cases

G
Dec 22, 2012
Okay, well jump in both feet in guess. I bought my first snowmobile project and this has, to say the least, has been perhaps a mistake. It's a 2006 polaris switchback 900. I'm learning about the motor issues and shake/mount issues now.

My big problem is cases have softball size hole in the bottom. Seen it before, as I build jet skis and know all about them (perhaps should have stayed in the world, but really want to enjoy this new sport). Now I'm finding that parts for this motor are next to impossible to find!!!

So should I push forward or part this thing out and walk away!??!

B

BigTree

Sep 27, 2011
Talk to IndyDan here on the forum at his business Indy Specialties. He can get you set up with all the parts you need to do the job right the first time. I shipped him two motors to build/check and get parts for and had them shipped back up to Canada. If you want to do the work yourself I'm sure he can supply you with a good set of cases as he did for me.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Okay I'll get in touch with him, thanks for the direction! Question, do guys leave the oilers in these things or remove them and run premix??

You can't remove the oil injection from the CFI motors. The oil is injected through the crank bearings and also supplies an oil-bath to the water/oil pump cross shaft, the system MUST remain in operation. You can supplement it with 100:1 in the tank if you like however. Make sure to inspect the oil cable going to the oil pump and replace with new or with a Motion Pro cable if it's not working perfectly.

Premium Features