• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 RMK jetting

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
Just put a new top end, SLP pipe and can on my 07 RMK 600, and now it doesn't run quite right, haven't had too much snow to test it, but it does the following:

If I run it at right about 4000 RPM, say turning around in the yard, it will bog and backfire, seems to clean up if I flip the choke on

This one is less important as I haven't fully tested it:

seems to fall on its face if I punch the throttle from idle. I think I have my air screw at stock, plus a half turn open, Im going to close it 3/4 turns later and see if the bottom cleans up, but what about mid range?

I already have the .9 pilots, 440 mains, and the needle at SLP spec

Just put new clutch stuff in as well SLP spec weights and springs

TPS was checked last year and was set to spec, will re re-checked tonight, one new carb boot, one not leaking, checked by spraying starter fluid on it, will be slated for replacement soon though.

riding at like 800 feet. to 1500

Last edited:

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
At the same elevation, I'm running 390 mains, but stock pipe. Air screws at 1 out. Slp big air kit, plus 2 flowrites in dash. Also check exhaust valves for build up, also check bellows and springs.

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
Figured it out... When I put the SLP pipe in over the summer, I forgot to change my needles, was running them on the #1 spot instead of the recommended #3.... Doh.

Runs like a top now, still going to turn the screw in half turn though to get rid of a stumble off of idle.

Premium Features