• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

April Snowbike Testing PICS!

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Just got back from Belgrade MT, we ripped 3 custom Yamaha snowbikes all over the MT backcountry, we found some sick pow, we rode 4 days,

day 1 had 3-4" of fresh on top of hard snow, good warm up day, fun on bikes, not for 2 skis
day 2 10"-15" fresh pow, sick day
day 3 tough snow for 2 skis but epic riding for 1 skis tons of sick views and crazy terrain blue bird,
day 4 blue bird, warm temps, fun thick slippery snow.

Dirtrebel should post his pics too

The Dirt Rebel special bikes worked flawlessly with just minor carb freezing issues

On the TKS SPX snow bike, I broke the custom Les inspired ski 2 times :confused: (both my fault) That was interesting getting back home, but it worked really really well when it was together! I cant say how impressed I am on trail handling of the bike, groomed trails 5th gear WFO, rough trails even better, if I was a better rider it would have been full speed, but on the rough washboard single track coming down Taylors Fork it was 3rd gear pinned all the way down through the woods, even in the corners it held an edge and the back stayed planted on the trail, easily the most fun I have ever had on a snowbike or dirt bike. the rear suspension handled the bumps like a bike with wheels. The two ski guys couldnt keep up:lol

Still have a few issues with gearing and shaft locations but all in all a successfull 4 days,

we had a great tour guide and great hospitality, with great friends.

DirtRebel helped me to successfully convert another 2 skier to 1 ski, and expect to see a super snow bike come out of this guy for next year, my younger brother has been skeptical of them all year, but he was all smiles :D when he was on the Rebel yz250, and all frowns :( when he was on HIS own custom ProXr 600:lol he even wants to make one for his girlfriend:lol

sorry not too many crazy pics, to busy riding!!

http://tkwaterski.shutterfly.com/3434

video soon to come

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
U

upfront719

Sep 5, 2010
Cadillac, MI
Nice post! Me an a few guys are getn snow bikes next winter. Fired up!!! Im glad to hear you guys are ripping on the trails. We have been nervous about that. We do mostly off trail ridn in michigan but we do need to rip trails sometimes as well...

Looking forward to it ;)

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Nice post! Me an a few guys are getn snow bikes next winter. Fired up!!! Im glad to hear you guys are ripping on the trails. We have been nervous about that. We do mostly off trail ridn in michigan but we do need to rip trails sometimes as well...

Looking forward to it ;)

where are you located, I am in MN and have rode Da UP quite a bit, we will have to hook up!

Premium Features