• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

where to go out west?

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Well me and a few friends are planning a trip out west around the 15th of February ... we have narrowed it down to some place in the snowies in Wyoming or steamboat springs area Colorado... from you Iowa guys where do u recommend? Be first time really out west for any of us. I have briefly rode out in Utah for a few hours... but for those of you who are regulars what do u recommend? Where is a good place to stay? Etc ... things to watch out for. None of us will probably do anything stupid. Just thoughts opinions would b great it will b here before we know it

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
Watch the snow reports. Go where the best snow is at the time. Get all of the proper safety gear and take an avy class so you know what to do if needed.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Watch the snow reports. Go where the best snow is at the time. Get all of the proper safety gear and take an avy class so you know what to do if needed.

X2. Mike Duffy has a really good class. We will be staying at Mountain Meadow Cabins 16th - 18th. First time for me, but the others in my group only ride west.

sabels

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
Flatlands
X2. Mike Duffy has a really good class. We will be staying at Mountain Meadow Cabins 16th - 18th. First time for me, but the others in my group only ride west.

We will be out there the 15th-18th. Will swing by the cabins and look for the orange XF see if it's still in one piece!

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
..... Be first time really out west for any of us..... None of us will probably do anything stupid. Just thoughts opinions would b great it will b here before we know it

I am speaking from experience here so bear with me.

If it's your first time west, and you haven't taken an avalanche course, it is very likely most of your group will do something stupid.

We have ridden out west several times and just took Mike Duffy's course this winter.

After it was done, my 11yr old son said he learned all things we were doing wrong!

It is $49 per head, and just may save a friends life or your own!

Premium Features