• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best way to drain coolant?

M
Dec 15, 2008
What's the best way to drain the coolant on a 2001 Skidoo 800? I've looked, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it that doesn't end with antifreeze pooling in the belly pan.

Thanks,

Dakotah

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
Thats the only way to drain unless you buy a air lift pump..I bought some large hose pinch off plyers and installed on the water pump hose and to the one going into the head...after the repair's are done...then as i removed them i added coolant to the tank and i had no air trapped in the sytem..i have done this twice this year as i had a crank go then a plugged oil line and took out the mag cyl...

Last edited:
J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Okay Take your pipe and can out then take the hosebig hose and I use a funnel with a flex in it put the hose in the funnel and out the muffler hole into a bucket> works every time

C

clutch man

Sep 8, 2009
La pine Oregon
shop vac

shop vav for sure is the only way to do it. get a small shop vac and only use it for this. I have done that in my shop for years.
if you are not trying to save the coolant, duct tape a piece of fuel hose to the end of your shopvac hose, suck the coolant out and your good to go no mess whatsoever

Premium Features