• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Northwest Snow Grooming 2010-2011 Grooming Schedule Coming Soon" WTF!?

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
All the South Cascades area grooming reports still say the exact same thing they said last year...that a new schedule is coming soon! :tsk:

How the hell are these guys getting away with this?

This is the second year in a row that they supposedly have had this contract and no one has ever held them to task on posting any updates, let alone a schedule even!

How the heck are they getting away with this? Is there no quality assurance for this kind of thing?

I notice literally all other grooming reports for the state are updated already, just not down here in my neck of the woods! :mad2:

Im gonna get ahold of somebody....

P
Jan 31, 2008
we were up at lone butte this weekend and nothing was groomed .i am going to find out who to talk to about this . from my understanding they get paid wether they groom or not .if they are getting paid and not grooming or doing a half *** job i will no longer buy tags and permits !! that what its supost to pay for:

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Damn...here we go again.

This is the same as last year! :rant:

Last year they could hide behind the excuse of low snow accumulations...whats the excuse this year? :tsk: :tsk:

I havent been up yet, but I was afraid of this just based on the lack of any reports being posted yet.

Now that Christmas is over perhaps I'll finally be able to get ahold of someone to complain to about this, tactfully of course...at least at first. :mad2:

S

smokin98.5

Dec 23, 2009
Some info for this problem.

Here is the link to WSSA where you will find grooming info:
http://www.wssa.us/content.aspx?page_id=70&club_id=431529&item_id=8347&cat_id=-1

Here is the Link to the grooming roport that you need to fill out and mail in:
http://documents.clubexpress.com/do...KDXEiA37PLJCfmSlwbADUfrHd6izqxlYnc/svR0onDQ==

Are you guys members of WSSA and or your local club? If so you need to contact your local grooming cordinator and that is their job to take care of these issues.
If your not you need to be.
Hope this may help.

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
JUST FOR INFO

I talked to Wayne at state parks this morning, they know they need to get it updated and get the groomer in that area "onboard". they are working on it. Pamela our gal in charge is on medical leave, she should be back soon, They are like all state agencies short on funds and short handed, not making up excuses, just the facts

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Thanks for the info smokin and mr johnson...thats good information.

Mr Johnson, your the first one I was thinking of attempting to finaggle some information out of because you seem very well connected to both the grooming & sledding industry.

Please, keep all of us southern sledders updated on anything you might hear, scuttlebutt, or otherwise...thanks!

("Southern Sledders"...hey I kind of like that moniker, sounds like a good new club name for us folks that ride in the South Cascades)

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
I can tell you a few facts about your area

Your area down there is very hard to get anyone on the grooming board to cooperate. You guys need a say in what happens down there and over the last 5 or 6 years no body speaks up. I know you all feel like the "red headed step chldren" of the grooming program and I agree with you. You need to have a club step up and keep the groomers accountable. Same goes for the snow plowing, Eveyone wants to complain but someone needs to speak up. And I dont mean wait till the season is nearly done. On a weekly basis let state parks know whats going on down there, The groomer is supposed to report to the sponsoring club, The club should determine when to groom ect. It's all of yours money so speak up and let them know whats going on. This is what I do in the stampede / easton area, I watch it very close and have a lot of club members and friends that ride the area weekly and keep me posted on whats going on, Good luck

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
wanye sucks azz the whole program sucks

They have a job winter or summer. Figure it out , 4 machines they're still not licenced even my trailer i bought from nampa id .

I WILL NEVER LICENSE IN GREG WHORE ,OBAMA AGAIN... **** THAT ****

Last edited:

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
sunbather thats the problem,

why dont you get involved and make the program down there better,? you really can help. Obviously you dont know how the grooming program in washington works, State parks administers the money but we the snowmobilers have a say in how it is used. Please take no offense to this but NOBODY down in your area seems to want to make it better, we have these problems from Baker to stampede, winthrop and spokane, we get in volved and keep the groomers accountable when ever possible, is it a perfect system , no but it can work, the govenor GETS NONE OF YOUR GROOMING MONEY, you cant blame her, our license fee's go directly into our grooming budget, and by you not licensing your sleds, well you know the rest, sorry, I'll get off my soap box, I used to complain too, didnt help, had to get involved to fix some things, Now I'm to involved and cant seem to get out!!!

Premium Features