• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skinz protective(air frame boards and skinz panels)

goin2dmtns

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Ogden, Ut
I have the panels, they have a good fit.
The clutches still get warm but ot still has stock clutching.
I had to "Tweak" the clutch side to get a better seal.
Still does not fit as tight as the exhaust side panel but overall I am happy with them.

My only gripe is you cant open the panel very far. If you are changing the clickers, I remove the panel to work on it.

zblink

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Mi
i do a lot a woods riding would it be easy to put a branch through the side panel?

goin2dmtns

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Ogden, Ut
I Tried to put a branch through mine, it didnt even stretch the fabric.
Left a ton of bark and debries on the fabric, but it brushed right off.

If you get them, the stock can on the Etec can get the fabric if its burried on its side.
No hole in the fabric yet, but there is a melted imprint on the can.

Puting more miles on it tomorrow to get it broken it.

A

Alpine_Bound

Apr 22, 2009
Too many to list
I had my first ride today with the new panels on. Snow was dense and heavy, but deep. I swear I could feel more drag from these panels as I was carving. Twice I got stuck doing down hill turns... I cant remember the last time I got stuck doing this, and I have ridden these same snow conditions a lot.

Anybody else notice this using these panels? I am sure it wouldn't really be that noticeable riding deep snow in colder weather.

J
Dec 22, 2008
Ellensburg
Currently have done 3 sets of the running boards on mine and some friends XPs. I would do it again in a minute. Expensive, but worth every bit of their cost. Excellent fit and finish, twice the strength of stock, NO snow build up, great traction. Instructions are very thurough and there is no guess work. Install is tedious but not difficult. Don't even think about it without a rivet gun! Got several more guys that are sold on them after riding with us and trying them out. Save your pennies! :face-icon-small-coo

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Does anyone know if you have the gas can brackets mounted will the back tunnel mount/ support of the running boards interfere? (sled summit xp 154) OR
Could someone measures from a spot and post the measurement of where the rear tunnel bracket mounts?

Thanks

Premium Features