• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can we have a feedback section???

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
After seeing more and more of the fraud and scamming going on (mainly referring to the most recent with SCOTT). I think its time that SW helps us out a little to help protect users both buying and selling. I know that this has been gone over a few different times, but this chit really pisses me off..

On some of the other forums I belong to the have a feedback section. In this section people make a thread with the title "Snow_knights buying/selling feedback." Then when I buy/sell something people may get onto this thread and post a single reply on their dealings with me. One forum for example has 10,xxx some odd peoples feedback threads, a great little tool when trying to not get bent over..

I understand that people can still just get a new user name and try and scam people again, however it would be a little more information on a users past transactions to let a buyer or seller be more aware of the person. but for example: Justin "code red" "SNOWJW" sells tons and tons of stuff on here and has some great feedback from users, his thread would be littered with great things about product and service, this would make a SW new comer or a member who isn't on the forum much have a little reassurance that the future transaction would more than likely go perfectly smooth..

I know that I have personally bought and sold a lot of stuff on this forum, and I know a lot of other people have, but if i go post something up in the swapmeet and a newer/not a regular member to this site doesnt know me or know anybody that does, well that could leave enough doubt in their mind to not purchase the item.

I would like to hear some more feedback on this issue from other users.. AND SW MODS/ADMIN???

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I think that this is a great idea. I have bought several items from other Snowesters and even in this small community it is still something that makes me wonder. A more detailed rating system would be very beneficial for a swapmeet section that is as active as ours is.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
I think that would be cool. I've been lucky(knocking on wood) every deal i've done on here has been great with no problems. I just hate the scumbags that come on here just for the scam part.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Not sure about tons :D but even a blind squirrel finds a acorn every now and again.

I agree this is a good idea 99% of the guys on here are on the up and up and you will never have a deal go south. But then there have been a few new guys that seem to have big dreams sell cheap make a few sales and are gone with the wind in 2 years or less meanwile putting a buyer in a bad spot or even worse like what we have seen with Team 2 out there $$ and still no product.

I have reads Scotts post and will post on it later on. Used stuff can be tough motors are the worst as I bet allot of us have bought something used that looked to be in great shape at one point in time and had it break but that is the chance we take buying used. But in Scott's case he was plain out a lied to or shal we say a bunch of lies. I had a used motor I sold to a guy as USED no warranty not a fresh rebuild nothing just used infact 3 years old this spring that I bought from a guy and never had the time to finish my project so I sold it anways for some unknown reason it did let go and I ran this motor before I sold it and it was in perfect shape and had I known it was going to go down I would have never sold it but it was just one of those deals and the first thing I have sold that has just blown up or so the guy tells me so as Forest Gump Says "**** happens" but with that said 99% of your guys are great guys on SW but it would be nice to have a swap good seller bad seller topic.

After seeing more and more of the fraud and scamming going on (mainly referring to the most recent with SCOTT). I think its time that SW helps us out a little to help protect users both buying and selling. I know that this has been gone over a few different times, but this chit really pisses me off..

On some of the other forums I belong to the have a feedback section. In this section people make a thread with the title "Snow_knights buying/selling feedback." Then when I buy/sell something people may get onto this thread and post a single reply on their dealings with me. One forum for example has 10,xxx some odd peoples feedback threads, a great little tool when trying to not get bent over..

I understand that people can still just get a new user name and try and scam people again, however it would be a little more information on a users past transactions to let a buyer or seller be more aware of the person. but for example: Justin "code red" "SNOWJW" sells tons and tons of stuff on here and has some great feedback from users, his thread would be littered with great things about product and service, this would make a SW new comer or a member who isn't on the forum much have a little reassurance that the future transaction would more than likely go perfectly smooth..

I know that I have personally bought and sold a lot of stuff on this forum, and I know a lot of other people have, but if i go post something up in the swapmeet and a newer/not a regular member to this site doesnt know me or know anybody that does, well that could leave enough doubt in their mind to not purchase the item.

I would like to hear some more feedback on this issue from other users.. AND SW MODS/ADMIN???

Last edited:

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
Great idea guys! I have always had great luck with purchasing and selling on here, but to have feedback would make things that much easier to trust people :D.

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
Good idea Rocky. I don't know alot about parts, so when it comes to purchasing I tend to rely on those who I know personally or those who have come highly recommended. If there was feedback attributed to sellers I would be more open to purchasing from people advertising in the swapmeet section. Creates peace of mind.

Last edited:

hilpulr

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Corvallis MT
Feedback section

I think this is a great idea! Lets get this going so SW can be a fun and safe forum. No need to give scam artists a place to try to take advantage of people.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I think its a geat idea.. I suggested this some time ago in the "how do you give bad rep?" thread, but it went nowhere and I dont think anyone even commented on the idea.. It would be awesome if this could be added though.. I think that section would help a lot. :face-icon-small-coo

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
before spending any money from a member you don't know, check his profile page. There will probably be comments from guys he scammed if he is a thief

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I am all for this idea! Maybe a sellers agreement and sign up fee or something! It might help weed out the scum and flea market junk w 200 ttt's

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Great idea but it needs to be done right.

I can see admin having to spend a lot of time moderating some he said/she said pissing match between two peeps.

I think the current rep system is a good idea but make a separate one that is ONLY applied to sales and transactions.

The "sale rep" would be different colors and found right underneath the current post rep.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I think the current "rep system" is stupid.. it isnt used right and people have the option of throwing red or green to anyone for no particular reason. If it was used right it would definitely be an asset to the community. Just because you dont like what someone had to say or dont agree with their opinion people are getting a bad rep or if you have a lot of friends on here then they throw you a bunch of green for no reason.. There is no point to the rep system. All the other websites I have been a part of have a feedback section and has been a very useful part in the decisions of buying or selling to/from people on the site. The only way I see it would be useful is if it could only be given in the event you did some type of transaction with that user and had a legitimate reason for giving green or red so the buying/selling only rep could be a good addition. That way you have an instant way of knowing their buying/selling rep than having to search for them in the "feedback" section.

Last edited:

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Great idea but it needs to be done right.

I can see admin having to spend a lot of time moderating some he said/she said pissing match between two peeps.

I think the current rep system is a good idea but make a separate one that is ONLY applied to sales and transactions.

The "sale rep" would be different colors and found right underneath the current post rep.

Yes it would take a little more moderation, however as many people on this site that spend a lot of time, a couple would more than willing to put up some time to get this thing going and take care of it.. I know I would be game for it, do it on many other forums as we speak.

I agree with the selling rep, however i'm unsure in the vbulliten format which SW uses is capable of doing it.

That way you have an instant way of knowing their buying/selling rep than having to search for them in the "feedback" section.

In most other forums doing a 3 sec search in the feedback section is far from hard.. Like I said.. I like the idea, just don't know if the format SW uses will do it.

I would really like to hear some more info on this..

MODS/ADMIN... please chime in on your thoughts one way or the other on the topic.. :D

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
In most other forums doing a 3 sec search in the feedback section is far from hard..

Never said it was hard, but sometimes people do not use or like to use the search option. Just saying a buyer/seller feedback rep would be much easier. :D

I believe any kind of feedback section would be better than what is currently in place.

Last edited:
M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Well, it sounds like a good idea but I think a sticky in the swapmeet section should be good enough.
One of the problems I see is that an impatient buyer pulls out the red card too soon and gets flogged for reasons beyond their control.... or something in that nature.
Didn't they have that in the old setup?

Premium Features