• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ho reeds and spacers

G
Nov 2, 2010
i have a chance to get some ho reeds and spacers. just wondering if i would have to rejet after the switch. they would be going in my 02 zx non ho thanks.

Last edited:
G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
I put a set on my 2001, works great, no changes. I am putting a set together for my 2002 800

What he said. The Boyesens require more fuel down low and less up top but the HO reeds DO NOT! Sometimes you really have to make sure you're getting apples to apples info on these forums!

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR

You have questions regarding my advice? I have experience with Boyesens (2 stage reed design that DOES have different jetting requirements), V-Force III (gen 2 and 3) and HO reed assemblies in ZX sleds and REV based sleds so feel free to fire away; I know all the different jetting combos that work for them including for the 800R.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
ok 02' non HO--- 6 to 9000 ft boyesen rage cage in it with reed spacers...

I had the same combo in an '03 ZX 700 as well as an '03 Rev with the non-HO 800. I had to go to 20 pilots to prevent off-the-line bog issues (adjust fuel screws as needed so idle hangs 5-15 seconds with a warmed up motor at altitude) and was able to jet down one size on mains for both motors. Ran very VERY crisp; highly recommend the Boyesens with spacers for those older series III motors!

Cheers,

G

Premium Features