• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RK tek pistons?

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
my dad has a 02 800 the NON HO version. its got 1900 miles on it with around 100 psi of compression so we are going to replace the pistons. are the RK tek pistons good for 350 bucks? and is it alright to just use them with the stock head? or do i need the aftermarket one

C
Nov 13, 2008
dont need a head (if you are talkilng about the ones I have looked at).

I decided to go for $90 pistons. I was getting 2000mi out of them and would be suprized if you could tell a difference. My extra $$ was better spent elsewhere, like dropping weight.

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
I am fairly sure the RK-tech pistons have a lower deck height than stock to work with their heads, that's part of the formula that they use to make their system work so maybe it won't be so goo to put into a stock head, I dunno, call them.

They may also sell a piston for a stock head.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I just ordered the drop in kit for my sled and talked to kelsy and yes you have to run his head with his pistons.

He does have stand alone forged pistons, I'm running a set. They were really nice lookin 'slugs, meant to work with all stock motors. HOWEVER, if I was gonna do it again, I'd either do his drop-in kit or just a set of SPI's. I know Big John builds some replacement pistons too, might ask around about them.

Only complaint about them is you really need to watch warm up, forged pistons will stick, but that's never been an issue for me so......

Premium Features