• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at buying a turbo...which one?

S

Shred Master

Mar 14, 2008
Hey, I have a 2008 polaris D7 with a 155 track and am looking at boosting it. Who has the best kit and would i need to convert it to a longer track or not. and how much hp should i expect from different kits. I live in B.C and go to whistler, revy, and crowsnest a fair bit.
input would be great. Thanx

S

supersmith

Dec 2, 2007
I put one on a 08 D7 w/163 and the install went pretty smooth. I definately think that by doing it youself you will have a better understanding of what you will be working with. We went with the Boondocker kit for a few reasons: time to get the kit, reduced cost of repair, reduced down time if turbo goes down, and support. In the process of tuning and building the turbo, you will have a pile of questions you want answered quickly and Jerrod @ boondocker was always there to help us.

I think that I would try it on the 155 track and see what you think. You will have to make some suspension adjustments. Boondocker claims 220-280 hp with their kit with boost from 10psi-16psi.

Fuel gets a little pricey and word on the street is that BD is coming with a 6psi kit that will run on pump gas with no intercooler, also cheaper. Might be something to look at.

J
Nov 27, 2007
There is a common misconception that BD is synonymous with all things "auto" turbo and OVS is exclusive to the Hyper turbo only. Not true! While BD is only auto, the guys at OVS will build whatever style of kit fits your needs (with whatever turbo you want) and top it with a controller (the Pure Logic) that flat works.
I'm Jay-0 and I approve of this message!

F

freerideordie

Dec 24, 2007
B.C.
i'm riiding a d7 163 with the boondocker kit and have to say it good. the first ride out i set the box with their #'s 10 68 weights and a full tank of 110, and my hands stayed clean all day long. it was also pulling all the shoots at barkerville with 12lbs of boost. the next ride i tryed 10 70 weights and a red blue sec. spring, in 2' of heavey fresh and 12lbs i was pulling 60 mph most anywhere. thiss weekend i'll try 10 74 weights and see what happens, maybe a little more boost in in the future?

S

Shred Master

Mar 14, 2008
Sweet deal i was thinking about a boondocker kit because my buddy has one on his 07 d7 and it just rips so i might get a bd kit since he hasent had any problems

B
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City, SD
Fuel gets a little pricey and word on the street is that BD is coming with a 6psi kit that will run on pump gas with no intercooler, also cheaper. Might be something to look at.

Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone else heard this? 180 HP at elevation with no lag and no race fuel would be the cats meow!

S
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
dragon700 aerocharger sps racing kit

running sps kit all year on my dragon, kit is complete with all vents gauges and attitude box, can answer any questions if you need. 11 lbs boost, ton of fun.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Got a bd kit on a 08 d7155 works great. unfortionatly my knee doesn't work so good no more so I am done for the year. So its for sale

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
OVS has the option of either. Get two Pure Logic control boxes with maps built in for 6 lbs. and 10-12lbs. you can switch around. A modified head can be used for 6 pounds up to about 10 pounds with reduced compression. After that you need the stock head back. Stock head can be used for low boost too, just requires a little work. I am speaking from no personal experience here, you need to call them. I run 100 % race gas all the time . Gives you lots of options and Garr and Travis are not only good guys, but know their stuff and are eager to help you figure out issues right away. i would never hesitate to buy anything they offer. I know they have CAT stuff dialed. Not sure with Polaris.
BB

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I am running an OVS kit on a 08 700 dragon 163". Few small issues at first that could have all been prevented if I had more experience with turbos. There is a learning curve, but it doesn't take too long to get through. Sled is running awesome now. It is an aerocharger kit. Very simple. Garretts might be capable of more HP but I like the simplicity of this OVS aero kit. Rode yesterday over 9000 feet, packin the ski's over the top of 500 yard long steep pulls. Travis if you read this: your new setup is far superior to the old one. 48/44 helix, red white spring, geared down to 19/42, 10-66 weights. Holding 8000 to 8100 RPM over 9000 feet. Gearing down gave the sled alot more bottom end. Thought about selling. Not anymore!!!

Last edited:
OVS has the option of either. Get two Pure Logic control boxes with maps built in for 6 lbs. and 10-12lbs. you can switch around. A modified head can be used for 6 pounds up to about 10 pounds with reduced compression. After that you need the stock head back. Stock head can be used for low boost too, just requires a little work. I am speaking from no personal experience here, you need to call them. I run 100 % race gas all the time . Gives you lots of options and Garr and Travis are not only good guys, but know their stuff and are eager to help you figure out issues right away. i would never hesitate to buy anything they offer. I know they have CAT stuff dialed. Not sure with Polaris.
BB

just a question...not stepping on any toes here just asking a question...having to have two seperate boxes to run different boost settings sounds like a pain...couldnt you just add more fuel in the boost setting...I know the BD box is not limited to boost in any application..:confused:

J
Nov 27, 2007
Changing the numbers on a BD box will always solve your tuning problems.... it is all you'll have to do ...ever. Promise:)

Premium Features