• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jetting in carbureted m7

P
Oct 31, 2011
I bought an 06 m7 that is carburated. It came with 400 for main jet. It only has a can. It has a terrible in low end. I lowered the needle and it didn't seem to help much. What size main jet should I have for cle eliminated area. Thanks Tim

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Terrible what in low end?

Pilot jet and air screws control bottom end

Needle controls midrange

And main is for top end wide open throttle.

Each part can affect the others to a point but that's the basic principles of the carb.

What is the elevation you plan to ride vs where sled was rode before?

Have you cleaned the carbs good making sure jets are not plugged?

Won't get much info on here on the carb'd m7, I rode one for 8 years and was pretty much on my own for tuning info as far as the carbs go.

Maybe call racinstation in idaho or pm them on here, they helped give me a baseline to start from back in the day. I believe they were one of the few places that did much with the carb'd m7.

P
Oct 31, 2011
M7 jetting

Bog is low to midrange. Do you start at a turn and a half with air screws? Carbs are very clean. I will call racination tomorrow. Thx ??

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Sounds about right, but don't quote me on that. Unless it's been removed th ere should be a sticker with jetting recommendations under the hood on the fenders above front suspension. That would also be a good place to start

Premium Features