• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200 big bore for m 1000

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
1200 kits...

I have built several 1200's aspirated/nos and turbo. It does make a difference on the kits and who's pistons you use especially. they run a lot of clearance between piston/cyl. so there is more piston rock, so eventually they start to collapse the skirts...that being said i have put 2000 miles on a set and changed them for maintenance and they still "looked" great. Very reliable easy to tune with twins or single pipe. only downfall is the good pistons you need to use are expensive. Are you doing this on an aspirated or turbo?

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
I've ran a Cutler 1300 for a few years now with twins and it runs great. It was easy to tune, and other than pulling your arm out of your socket to pull over and subsequently breaking a starter rope (until I got the high strength one), and now working on a solution to keep the recoil itself together, it's been pretty flawless. I rode a bikeman 1200 kit (which was the only other to compare it to) and hands down the 1300 kicked it's a$$. These are normally aspirated examples, if you're looking to boost, don't go the 1300 route though. It's not boost friendly (without a lot of extra work) from what I've read and heard about.

Premium Features