For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Currently: Not set.
Nubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond reputeNubulin has a reputation beyond repute
Default New to polaris - what tools do I need?

I jumped ship to a 13 pro this year from the turd that is the Proclimb. What tools do I need to service the sled? I am basically looking to be able to swap weights, helix, springs, tracks, etc. I pretty much like to have everything. Also any weird fasteners, etc?

Already have a clutch puller?
Annoying else for the primary? ( looks mostly the same as a cat clutch)
Any special tools to swap spring/helix on the team?
Special tools for the driveshaft?

Thanks in advance.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Nubulin For This Useful Post:
kraftymike (10-07-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Currently: There is only one PRO
Jeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond reputeJeff K has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing special for the Primary. Just basic hand tools since you have a puller already.

SLP makes a nice secondary clutch tool:
http://slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=det...&productID=227

The secondary also needs an impact driver to remove the screws.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 AM
kraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond reputekraftymike has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread idea. I am also jumping from Cat to Polaris. One of the best things I can say about my M's is that I didn't even know what tools where in the tool kit because they never broke down. I have ridden with Polaris guys recently who cursed the lack of tools in the OEM tool kits. What should a guy toss in? Is there any critical tools that didn't make it in the tool kit?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Currently: Working on the new/Old School Tow Rig.
Thanked 1,854 Times in 1,027 Posts
turbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

15 mm for the track adjustment.
Allen wrench and wrench to adjust the belt deflection on the Team clutch.

Open palm to slap yourself in the forehead when forget the scratchers and throw it in reverse

Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Currently: Doing the Sidekick Switch
Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,006 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolover View Post
Open palm to slap yourself in the forehead when forget the scratchers and throw it in reverse
Is this with glove on or off? I foresee this happening to me now that I no longer have the cable scratchers and will be using the "normal" scratchers this season.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Currently: Have fun while you can
Thanked 1,143 Times in 668 Posts
Pro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftymike View Post
Good thread idea. I am also jumping from Cat to Polaris. One of the best things I can say about my M's is that I didn't even know what tools where in the tool kit because they never broke down. I have ridden with Polaris guys recently who cursed the lack of tools in the OEM tool kits. What should a guy toss in? Is there any critical tools that didn't make it in the tool kit?
Digital camera.........
You will need to take pictures of your buddies at the bottom of the hill that couldn't make the climb you just made!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pro-8250 For This Useful Post:
94fordguy (10-11-2012), Justified (10-07-2012), Sheetmetalfab (10-11-2012), sierraclimber (10-07-2012), Steelman (10-07-2012), Super Sled (10-07-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Currently: Back in the Saddle again !
Basic Member
spencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond reputespencer has a reputation beyond repute

Honda rivets for when you roll your sled and windshield pops off, 6 MM Allen for readjustment of handle bars, 15 mm for track, 1/4 inch drive metric drive socket set, 4 way screw driver and leather-man. Don't forget your local helicopter pilots
phone number as the Pro overheats when you drag others off the mountian.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Currently: Have fun while you can
Thanked 1,143 Times in 668 Posts
Pro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond reputePro-8250 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolover View Post
15 mm for the track adjustment.
Allen wrench and wrench to adjust the belt deflection on the Team clutch.

You'll need a 11mm (7/16 will work too) wrench to go with the 1/8 Allen wrench for the belt deflection.
As far as the cable scratchers, they don't work as well as the stock ones.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:59 AM
wellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond reputewellfed777 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm with pro-8250
you just need a few memorized nice things to say about your friends sleds so they don't get bummed out ! ha ha

for real (on sled )
like said above wrenches/shock adj.tools/extra oil (for fill ups)
good gloves (not much wind protection)/ maybe allens to adj. bars to liking
spring tool (i carry one they can be handy )/plugs/muffpot

shop
same as above good torx set/ primary puller /ratio rite (for oil)/tork wrench etc.

congrads on the jump i think you'll really like the sled

Old 10-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Currently: I know, let's have a spelling contest
Thanked 1,550 Times in 880 Posts
AndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Currently: Losing patience...
TGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond reputeTGitt has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 8,307 Times in 4,786 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 10-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Currently: Living in Paradise
milo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond reputemilo303 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Currently: Waiting for Feb. 23
Old Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond reputeOld Scud-doo has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Currently: every ride is incredible on a mtn horse
PalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register